When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'steel' (167)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Steel music concert to play holiday favorites on the Island - Washington, USA

Mecer Island - Reporter - By Madison Miller Steel Magic Northwest to perform holiday music Dec. 8. It all began with a steel saucer sled.…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 2

The Lydian Singers and Steel present - DEO GRATIAS "Thanks Be To God!"

Christmas has come for the Lydians! This year the group presents, 'Deo Gratias' ("Thanks Be to God" in Latin), a show undertaking styles o…

Started by Janine Charles-Farray

0 Nov 24

CDB issues US$350K grant to regional cultural projects

Jamaica Observer Bridgetown, Barbados, W.I. - The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) has approved US$350,000 for four projects that are gea…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 7

Meet Lin Tao 陶 霖 - Shanghai, China - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“I just found out it is a quite fun and interesting instrument with a very unique sound... Not many Chinese people saw or knew this instru…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 3

Meet Jeanelle Alexander - Trinidad & Tobago -- Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“I would urge them to remain passionate and remember the reason they first wanted to play pan; childhood memories especially, I feel, affe…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 1

Meet Chantal Esdelle - Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“I am most proud about being the first female and youngest panist to win the Pan is Beautiful pan festival solo competition in 1992.” “I a…

Started by Pan Times

3 Mar 27
Reply by odw

Semi Finals Results for Small Conventional Steel Orchestras - Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama 2019

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -  The top fourteen small steel orchestras out of the thirty that made it into the semi-finals - now advance to…

Started by Pan Times

1 Feb 17
Reply by knolly smith

Large Steel Orchestra Prelims Underway - Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama 2019

As has been the norm, the seventeen (17) Large Conventional Bands registered for Panorama 2019 will be visited by the judges and Pan Trinb…

Started by Pan Times

1 Feb 11
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Ouachita offers after-school, community steel band program to Peake Elementary School students

Arkansas, USA - Ouachita Baptist University has begun offering an after-school, community steel band program for fourth and fifth graders…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 28, 2018

Meet Zakiya De Coteau  Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Zakiya De Coteau  Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “In 2016 I made history with Platinum All-Female Steel Orchestr…

Started by Pan Times

2 Nov 25, 2018
Reply by Ayesha Mohammed

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service