When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'steelband' (205)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Time to say goodbye. Trinidad is not interested so I donated my entire collection of calypso, steelpan, combo, chutney, big band, rapso, Christmas, parang, Caribbean soul... music from 1912 to 1989

Canada - "Time to say goodbye. Trinidad is not interested so I donated my entire collection of calypso, steelpan, combo, chutney, big ban…

Started by Pan Times

7 May 7
Reply by odw

Remembering the legendary steelband leader George “Sonny” Goddard on his Birthday

When Steel Talks “Sonny” Goddard -- One of the most important figures in the history of Pan culture and the steelpan music artform. https:/…

Started by Pan Times

10 May 1
Reply by Claude Gonzales

“In The Rainforest” – An Unforgettable Steelband Experience - by Mark Loquan

Global - ....I returned to Trinidad in October 2000, specifically to play tenor with Skiffle Bunch, but I had only a week to learn the two…

Started by Pan Times

5 Apr 22
Reply by odw

WHEN "WOMEN IN PAN" INCLUDE WIVES AND MOTHERS OF PANMEN WHO USED SWIZZLE STICKS TO PLAY BOTH POTS AND PANS, THEN WE WOULD HAVE EVOLVED INTO OUR HIGHER SELVES. (TELL DEM GEORGIE SAY SO.) HBD, MOMMY!

See Title. lol. (Why waste time writing further, when NO ONE wants me to. lol.) Panicle USA's Blog

Started by Panicle USA, LLC

0 Mar 31

Othello Molineaux - The Unmentioned Jazz Improvisation Master

Whenever mentioned is made of the great pan soloists and  jazz improvisation masters, none is made of Othello Molineaux? Why is that? Othel…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

33 Feb 21
Reply by odw

Who Am I? - A Breakdown Of George "Sonny" Goddard's Accomplishments

Steelband performers in Trinidad and Tobago (steeldrum’s birthplace) since 1950, have been represented by three organizations: the Steelban…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

42 Feb 17
Reply by Mr Claire Charles

Pan Trinbago to lose $5m in revenue

Trinidad Express Newspapers Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Revenues for Pan Trinbago, the governing body for pan players, could fall by at…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 4, 2020
Reply by Claude Gonzales

National honour for Hells Gate Steel Orchestra

The Antigua Observer Reigning Panorama champions Hells Gate Steel Orchestra will become the first steelband in Antigua and Barbuda to rece…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 3, 2020
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Dr. Nyan Gadsby-Dolly no longer Trinidad & Tobago Minister of Culture

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - The government of Trinidad & Tobago has been sworn in.  Former Minister of Community Development and Cult…

Started by Pan Times

1 Aug 19, 2020
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Wiemer-Hastings - Steelband Bass player receives Palmer Family scholarship

Daily Chroicle Sycamore, Illinois, USA – Jesse Wiemer-Hastings, a graduate of DeKalb High School, is the recipient of the 2020 Palmer Fami…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 12, 2020

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service