When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'steelpan' (215)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vanessa Headley Remembers Ken 'Professor' Philmore

"This hurts. I knew Pro was loved by many, but today I realise he was loved by all. When we get caught up in our emotions, we may feel tha…

Started by Pan Times

2 Oct 7, 2018
Reply by Michael C. Smith / BCV

Composer Mark Loquan Remembers Ken “Professor” Philmore

Trinidad & Tobago - Condolences to Sophie, the Philmore family, the extended family which includes the global pan community for the los…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 7, 2018

THE SPIRIT OF JOY - Rubadiri Victor remembers Ken "Professor" Philmore

Imagine if he had the support. Imagine him as a arrow-head of a ambassadorial thrust for Kaiso-Jazz, Pan, and Brand T&T Music. Imagine…

Started by Pan Times

2 Oct 6, 2018
Reply by Mercer Ramdoo

Robert Greenidge remembers Ken "Professor" Philmore

Condolences go out to the family of Ken “Professor” Philmore; what a great soul he was. His professional approach to the instrument and hi…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 6, 2018
Reply by Ayesha Mohammed

Ken "Professor" Philmore has passed - September 30, 2018

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Ken “Professor” Philmore. He will be missed. New York Champion Arranger…

Started by Pan Times

41 Oct 5, 2018
Reply by Celis46

We had a gem, a star in the making, such love and passion for the pan - Mack Scott Pays Tribute to Sonatas’ Champion Arranger Ken “Professor” Philmore

Ken “Professor” Philmore - in cap - with Sonatas Steel Orchestra - 1982 ..“We met this young guy Ken Philmore, and he told us we have to co…

Started by Pan Times

3 Oct 5, 2018
Reply by thomas bailey

Dawad Philip remembers Ken "Professor" Philmore

There was something transformational about Ken "Professor" Philmore and his art. We all know folks with way less gifts than Pro who are alm…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 5, 2018

Aquil Arrindell remembers Ken "Professor" Philmore

I have known of Professor Philmore all my life but I had only interacted with him a few years ago when we held a benefit concert for our a…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 5, 2018

Arranger Marc Brooks remembers Ken "Professor" Philmore

My first experience with Ken “Professor” Philmore was in 2003 which was my first official year joining Pan Sonatas stateside.  I remember…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 5, 2018

Dr. Mia Gormandy shares her thoughts and memories of Ken "Professor" Philmore

When I first met Ken "Professor" Philmore, I was a little girl attending an event at City Hall in Port of Spain, where I was scheduled to…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 5, 2018

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service