5,000 arrive on cruise ships

Trinidad Newsday

Visitors from the MS Volendam cruise ship get scanned as they pass through the Scarborough Port on Friday. - DAVID REID

On Friday the Alpha Pan Pioneers Steel Orchestra welcomed visitors with a performance at the Scarborough Esplanade, continuing a trend of giving tourists a cultural welcome as they stepped onto Tobago soil.

A number of calls are also scheduled for the Charlotteville Port, with the next arrival there being the Sea Dream II on January 8.

“This is a welcome tourism boost for the local community,” Stewart-Phillips said.

“I am quite optimistic that the ongoing efforts of the Tobago Tourism Agency Ltd to increase international arrivals to Tobago by sea and by air will continue to yield positive rewards.”

Read More

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mighty Shadow - Dingolay

• MY!!! MY!!! MY!!!

And the FATHER OF THE NATION once said: "We have OIL -- and we don't need TOURISTS to turn us into BUS BOYS and WAITERS!!!"

IF AH LIE AH DIE!!!

• Bodes well for the tourism industry...

• “This is a welcome tourism boost for the local community,” Stewart-Phillips said.

“I am quite optimistic that the ongoing efforts of the Tobago Tourism Agency Ltd to increase international arrivals to Tobago by sea and by air will continue to yield positive rewards.”

She also commended the stakeholder partners like the Buccoo Village Council for capitalizing on the opportunities presented and creating new products to enhance the visitor experience. The village council recently launched its Buccoo passport initiative, providing tourism packages for various Buccoo activities.

Buccooneers - Gold

Steelband Panorama Finals 2013 Medium Band Champions
    Arranger: Seion Gomez

This reply was deleted.