When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Hate it, Love it, but - you can’t ignore it.  Panorama in Trinidad & Tobago has produced some of the greatest musical moments and pieces of our time. 

When Steel Talks takes a look at 50 Years of Panorama Music, Life & Culture.

Share here, your favorite and greatest Trinbago Panorama moments, the highs and lows, with the global steelpan community...

Views: 16206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cecil, wha yuh doing me?....it is Sam.......i thought by now that you would have known that it was me....Robert is my legal name, but everybody prefers Sam.

Say hello to "Pinkee" for me.

Sam wah go on boy, yuh know back in the day we did'nt deal wid to much stuff that was legal, lol Pinkee send her love. Come to Brooklyn for Labor Day we have ah posse that hang out by the bar, you will people yuh aint see for fourty years.

Every year I am by the bar hanging out with the guys.   I will see you again this year.

1970 - Lord Kitchener - Margie - Desperadoes Steel Orchestra (winner) - Clive Bradley (arranger)

Glenroy, this was the last time I played in a panorama in T&T so this tie came like a going away present from Starlift. [ah not rubbin it in]  lol

1972 - Lord Kitchener - St. Thomas Girl - Harmonites Steel Orchestra (winner) - Earl Rodney (arranger)

1973 - Lord Kitchener - Rainorama - Trinidad All Stars (winner) - Rudy Wells (arranger)

1974 - Lord Kitchener - Jericho - Harmonites Steel Orchestra (winner) - Earl Rodney /Rupert Mark (arrangers)

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service