When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Hate it, Love it, but - you can’t ignore it.  Panorama in Trinidad & Tobago has produced some of the greatest musical moments and pieces of our time. 

When Steel Talks takes a look at 50 Years of Panorama Music, Life & Culture.

Share here, your favorite and greatest Trinbago Panorama moments, the highs and lows, with the global steelpan community...

Views: 16159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pan Times like all the people that played in these panoramas dead or what? not ah man could gie we ah nice experience.

Robert Sally!~ Saldenha I never played wiith Tripoli. I played with Despers through the years of 1965 - 1968 the first year that Bradley arranged for Despers playing ''Mr. Walker. 'In 1969 and 1970 I went up in the East by ''Solo Harmonites and played Bongo and Saturday Night arranged by Earl Rodney. I joined the Police Service in 1973 and for quite a few years did not play in Panorama until in 1985 I went to ''Carib Tokyo and played Bradley's arrangement of ''Pan in Danger. In 1987 I went to Exodus with  ''Ray Holman when he arranged ''Pan Woman. My final year playing in Panorama in Trinidad was 1988 with Tokyo again when they played Ray Holman's ''My Band.

Val you played with some of the best arrangers in the game.

Thanks Valentine, i was thinking about another cop who used to play with Tripoli.   However, he was not a cop when he played in Tripoli, but became a cop consequently, and the last time i was him was a year he was playing with Tokyo.    I cannot recall his name.    He used to play double-tenor in Tripoli.

Am I missing something here

Why is RENEGADES not mention nowhere in this discussion

any one knows.

WE only reach 1975. Renegades got big late in the game.lol

I forgot about 1971 playing tenor with Starlift for Panorama Ray Holman ''Queen of the Bands'' Every one of these claims are really True! '''In those days I was a Steelband Peoung!

1976 - Lord Kitchener - Pan in HarmonyDesperadoes Steel Orchestra (winner) - Clive Bradley (arranger)

1977 - Lord Kitchener - Crawford  - Desperadoes Steel Orchestra (winner) - Clive Bradley (arranger)

1978 - Mighty Sparrow -  Du Du YemiStarlift Steel Orchestras (winner) - Herschel Puckerin (arranger)

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service