Replies

• Bugs, at one time this show was a lot better, you had the police band then the Army Band what went wrong? I believe the problem is with the people that produce the show. Too much smart-men hustling and trying to palm-off sub-standard goods to the world.

• Cecil

When brassmen can't hit their notes and guitars are unturned, and CTV still has a license to broadcast Carnival with audio and video that look like something before the 1940s and WACKfm audio & video engineering is the best thing since slice bread (and they have the nerve to charge people) and UTT audio is considered the best in all the world because everything out of Trinidad is so below professional,  sub-standard goods is indeed the word. And lets not forget a slew of announcers that should be arrested for perpetrating a fraud. 

And, and, and can someone tell Voice that I want him to perform his tune like these people in the video below or let Sparrow perform his tune for him at Dimarche Gras.

• Fantastic!

Our own Edmundo Ros (born Edmund Ross, 1910 Port of Spain) gave an  English-language version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrOqmZMKyA

He was a hit in England playing Latin music, with some calypso thrown in.

I remember he came to  Panorama in 1987, and was blown away! He said if he had to  arrange for a steelband he wouldn't  know where to  start! He was over a  100 years old when he died in 2011.

-Big  Sid

• bugs: The MINISTER OF FINANCE (not the MINISTER OF CULTURE) just committed a BUNCH OF MONEY to helping LOCAL ARTISTES promote their music GLOBALLY.

So I am proposing that you bring these three VIDEOS to the attention of the FINANCE MINISTER and let him ASPIRE to ACHIEVE this GLOBAL QUALITY PRODUCT so that the WORLD can HEAR WE KINDA MUSIC from WE!!!

• We have all the RAW INGREDIENTS in "PAN and CALYPSO" and it is still a mystery to me (well not really a mystery) why WE cannot take advantage of these art forms and spread them GLOBALLY. But then again we have the BEST COCOA in the world and we cannot turn it into CADBURY and the BEST PEPPER SAUCE in the world and we cannot get it on RESTAURANT TABLES across the globe.

So maybe we just have to leave it to KID CREOLE and ANDY NARELL and THE BAHA MEN and BUSTER POINTDEXTER and THE ANDREW SISTERS and HARRY BELAFONTE and SONNY ROLLINS and JONATHAN SCALES to REPRESENT Calypso and Pan for us GLOBALLY!

• Claude folks are just dishonest. They are not ready for prime-time. The only thing that is ready for prime time is the steelbands themselves.

Check this video. It's from 2004. I didn't see one broadcast this year on all the TnT broadcast and streams that was close to this quality in terms of musicality, engineering or professionalism. And it's not even HD.

• Here is another band you might consider.

• i will conduct the band for him.

• You will be an excellent choice Aquil as conductor. Frankie McIntosh will have to be the arranger and person to score the music. 

bugs

• I will set up a meeting with Doctor Dolly and COLIN!!! It could be arranged and engineered!!!

This reply was deleted.