When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

A Look at Second Place and Panorama - 1963 to Present

Views: 369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! This says a lot. Kudos to Boogsie, Smooth and Quarless (RIP). Outstanding contributions to the art form!

It is AMAZING how THE STATISTICS eliminate THE EMOTIONALITY!!!

Very sobering. Very revealing.  

Even from second place the Big Five is still the Big Five pretty much. Maybe it time for folks to come terms with just how good they are.

bugs

Maybe its TIME for the International Steelband Foundation (BIG5) to run dey own PANORAMA, free up the competition for those up and coming arrangers and their bands. Just ask Tropical Angel Harps what its like always in the last FIVE...

Pan Dispute - Tropical Angel Harps

ODW

Patrick Arnold has take responsibility for what we see today.  His institution of categories stunted the growth of the other bands Trinidad and Tobago. Bands that should have experienced a natural death are still around for no good reason. Bands that could have developed into powerhouses never did because of the siphoning off of the talent pool. The suspension of the zonal panoramas killed the community spirit. 

bugs

bugs:

So long I eh see you

I Thought Yuh Hiding

Ah Thought Yuh LEAVE FOREIGN

Look How Ting Does Happen Nah

Look How THE WARRIORS DOES HAPPEN nah -- IN APRIL!!!

Remember Prince said that sometimes it snows in April... LOL

Don't want to give you worries so early... But I heard a rumor that said Durant is heading east.

bugs

Tropical Angel Harps - Pan For Beethoven

Steelband Panorama Finals 2015

Arranger Clarence Morris “The Mad Monk of PAN”

Add another 2nd place for desperadoes. in 1967 (Governors Ball) and remove Fonclaire, 1991 (they placed third that year)Great post though.

I think that was a TIE (with Renegades) for second place in 1991 -- so technically they came both second and third.

Ian

You are are correct. Desperadoes did come in second in 1967. 

However, Fonclaire and Renegades shared second place in 1991.

Thanks for the correction.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service