This is Pelham Goddard on behalf of me and my wife Glenda our condolences to the family of Bertie Marshall.

We are losing all our great ones.

Just think about a person like Bertie Marshall, an innovator, builder all in one, - think about the development gone without the young ones learning any thing about him.

And the young tuners who know not of his technique in tuning harmonics.

All we still blame whatever Government in power - and we have "the world steelband body."  Remember the instrument is more important than panorama and competition.

We will do and do until we have no one to build these instruments.  The rest of the world is making the instruments.

They on the Internet teaching the art; on YouTube and Facebook.

Come Pan Trinbago - Get up from your sleep!

Pelham Goddard

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well said , Pelham.

• What I want to know, what is happening to the $35m plus G-Pan project? we all blame the Government for not doing nothing for pan. $35m is no chomp change, why don't we talk about the G-Pan project.......

• I don't think Pan Trinbago know's what's going on.

• yes Pelham i fully agree we better wake up and smell d coffee or as stalin say if ah did no ah woulda hold on 2 meh steelband & calypso we cant afford 2 let other ppl take over our musical instrument d goverment & especially d culture minister must take full responsibility 4 whats going on wid all these talented men behind d steelband industry spree simon & all d other early founders must b turning in their grave

• P.G . . yuh damm rite . . an like Boogsie ask him  . . de President  . . Do Somting fuh Pan  . . De ass get offended  . . an still makin Phase 11 pay ah penalty fuh de Truths dat  Sharpe was spreadin . . Doe blame de Goverment . .  . is 50 years ah Panorama . . almost 50 years of Pan Trinbago . . an to date We still cyah organize ah Show widout beggin sombody . . specially de Govt .  . . Panorana is ah Huge $$ makin show . . Tickets . .Videos Televishun  ..World Wide Web etc . . sombody makin de  $ $ . . Who . . only scissors an small blade men cuttin up de treasury . . dey doe have time tuh study . . 1 / ah pan H.Q. . . 2 / ah Pan Factory . . 3 /  Arkives . . we get dat on U tube an wen steel talks . .etc . . . / yet dey awake fuh Panorama   . .time tuh stop dat till We . .Dey get organized . . an P.G.  Boss U stay strong . . live long an B arong fuh lots more years ahead . . tanks tuh Glenda fuh steadyin yuh ship  . .luv tuh both ah U . .

• GYPSY IS THE WORST CULTURE MINISTER EVER, HE WAS THERE IN GOV. WHERE HE PROMISE TO HELP BERTIE , AND DID NOTHING....

• hi

• The Government dont care about Pan. They even took the Pan Logo off our National Carrier ''Caribbean Airlines. Pantrinbago is a fraud. They  use Panorama - Pan and the Panmen as their Cash Cow, only old talk and Lots of Corruption. ''What a Shame.''

• When former Culture Minister Winston "Gypsy" Peters alluded to taking good care of Bertie Marshall's needs was it a suggestion or was it a dictum? If indeed, it was the latter then what did he through his ministry put in place to have it crystallized? So where does that leave Pan Trinbago?

Pan Diaspora Visionary 

• So True.

This reply was deleted.