A look at the latest CD release from the musician extraordinaire

CD Cover of Metamorphosis by Leon “Foster” Thomas

Global - It’s a beautiful late Spring afternoon and we are here in the quiet Fulton Park in Brooklyn listening to Metamorphosis by Leon “Foster” Thomas, with every so often, the vibrations from the rumbling of the famous A Train underground adding a 3D feeling to the listening environs. Coincidentally, this park is within earshot of where so many monster musicians lived, grew up, were inspired and developed their chops: Lena Horne, Randy Weston, Max Roach, and Billy Cobham to name a few.

Reviewing a collection of new music is sometimes like sampling a box of unmarked assorted chocolates. It’s filled with unknown risks, horror shows and potential joys. Moreover, you just never know what you are going to get. Well here is a “spoiler alert.” Every music morsel in this box is outstanding.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congrats nice work Mr Thomas I am really impressed with your music and attire haven't seen a panist that looked so professional in years. Reminded me of the good old days of West Side Symphony / BWIA Sun Jets when we not only played great music but we also dressed to impress. keep up the good work and good luck in your venture.

This reply was deleted.