When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

After all the talk about PAN YARDS being CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE -- the RECORDING of those 2019 preliminary performances in the year 2019 is nothing short of SHAMEFUL!!!

How many COMMITTEES and how many MEETINGS Beverley had in preparation for THIS PANORAMA and something as FUNDAMENTAL as this (HISTORICAL RECORDING) was not seen as critical in ALL THE PLANNING.

I AM DEPRESSED at THIS FAILURE!!!

The FILM INDUSTRY in TRINIDAD and TOBAGO is EXPLODING and FULL OF TALENT!!!

I would have expected the newly appointed LIAISON OFFICER FOR STEELBANDS to have made connections after THREE MONTHS in office to coordinate networks with arrangements to REPRESENT THE PRODUCT in a PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

BACKWARD EVER -- FORWARD NEVER!!!

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Claude 

It will only get worst. Cell phones were not built to capture the steelband. The wide dynamic range of the steelband won't fit in a device that designed to capture the human voice. Cell phone internal mics are the worst of all time. And to make matters worst the Pan Trinbago audio engineers have been bamboozling them into believing that what they doing is good. The prelims are nothing more than yard recordings. How come Pan Trinbago recordings don't sound like Basement/WST panyard recordings or even Sanch recordings from the old days? I hearing more noise than music. Dem have no Shame to put that out there for a gobal audience.

bugs

Have you confirmed that the bands are recording their prelim via cell?

Is an audience member/fan of the band recording the prelim on his/her own?

The shame that you speak of is it on the band, the administration or others for not providing the technology to not record or broadcast to the globe?

In looking at last night's prelims filmed with interviews, the one disturbing was the band that played without any lights while the sun was setting.

Beverley

All that you say is true, Beverley

The vertical landscaping of the videos say that it is a cell phone. I've seen Bands put up these videos on their facebook as representations of their work.

Maybe the bands need to go back to days when recording was not allowed in the yards unless they approved it, thereby controlling their image quality.

bugs

Yuh mean PAN YARD RECORDINGS like this, bugs.

Yes...

Claude I feel ah concussion coming... When you know better you are suppose to do better.

bugs

Claude, so what yuh want dem do, MAKE FAIRS!? D people have no money not even to travel to d functions! Yuh  khar please nigger people nah! This one ah have to side wid Beverley! Allyuh make good wid phone recordings until better can be done!

True. Better will reach we in 2050. I have a 30yr old device a Sony TCD5M that uses a cassette and Mike...picks up everything...everything. We have time, we could wait. Progress takes time, so lehwe wait.

Mercer

They have no shame.  They can't be that dumb.

bugs

Steelbands have no money either, but they have to find money to buy refreshments to feed judges. Let them cut their salaries which are too high anyway...for doing what..??

Bertel

What does Beverly have to do with this? Was she doing the recordings?

When the recordings from the 70's, 80's, and 90's are better than what you have now, something is wrong with people like you and what you are willing to accept.

Ignorance is not an excuse. The lack of shame is the problem.

bugs

I, Beverly, asked questions to learn from Mr. Gonzalez.

If Mr. Gonzalez had knowledge of how these cell videos were posted-if on behalf of the bands I wanted to learn.

Were my questions an offense as your response seems as if I offended you?

If my questions were offenses, a response is unnecessary and I thank you for your lessons

Beverly, no offense taken.  It is through questions we grow and do better.

bugs

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service