Replies

• I can understand. I remember this calypso. What don't you understand?

• Yolanda: I am glad that you can understand that CALYPSO. It would be nice if you give us a FULL BLOWN explanation. I have always loved reading Calypso Lyrics (as much as listening to them) and reviews and interpretations of CALYPSO.

• ANCHOR! ANCHOR! " THANKS FOR REMINDER CLAUDE... THAT WAS THEN, " THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW,....TRINBAGONIANS ARE PROUD OF THEIR CULTURE,  "NOW MORE THAN EVER!!

• Birdsong - Music In Meh Blood

• odw, Rudy got the chops.

• What does this "hints of Venezuelan Tonada, Afro Cuban Jazz, Samba, flamenco and even Bach" have to do with THE TRINIDAD PANORAMA?

The "TRINIDAD STEELBAND PANORAMA" is about CALYPSO AND STEELBAND. If AMERICANS want to learn about JAZZ they stay in AMERICA. If they want to learn about AFRO CUBAN JAZZ they go to CUBA. If they want to learn about SAMBA they go to BRAZIL. FLAMENCO: SPAIN; and BACH: EUROPE!!!

And if they come to TRINIDAD: CALYPSO and STEELBAND is the CULTURE OF TRINIDAD. So they in the RIGHT PLACE!!!

• Birdsong - I Love The Pan

Arranger Rudy Smith

• David 'Happy' Williams - I Love The Pan 

• Now I have to admit that neither Anslem Douglas nor Mark Loquan has ever done ANYTHING Calypso-wise that I have ever liked. So from the start I thought that her TUNE OF CHOICE was WRONG. But the BIRDSONG EXECUTIVE went with the program. And if they did not know better then, they certainly don't know any better NOW.

• Why neglect YUH MIA

Yuh making me FEEL SAD

MIA and STEELBAND

Is the YOUNG CULTURE OF TRINIDAD

This reply was deleted.