Air of victory in Renegades’ panyard

Trinidad Newsday

Air ofvictory in Renegades’ panyard

Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly, Minister of Community Development, Culture and the Arts.

JOAN RAMPERSAD

THERE was an air of anticipated victory at the Renegades panyard last Thursday night during BPTT’s annual Panyard Lime.

BP Renegades Youth Steel Orchastra.

Several times during the course of the night announcer Wendell Etienne, arranger Duvone Stewart and reigning Soca Monarch Voice (Aaron St Louis) alluded to an impending BP Renegades’ victory at the National Steelband Panorama competition in 2018. And each time they did, guests roared with approval. The band is playing Voice’s Year For Love.

Voice performs for guests.

Norman Christie, regional president of BPTT, and the company’s management and staff hosted the event, which saw a number of high-profile visitors. Among them, past BPTT chairman Robert Riley, former prime minister Basdeo Panday and his wife Oma Panday, Ministers Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly, Shamfa Cudjoe, and Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, former Senate president Danny Montano and his wife Rosemonde, retired banker Richard Young and former Miss Universe Wendy Fitzwilliam.

Richard Young is here with Joel Harding.

Labour Minister Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, with former prime minister Basdeo Panday and his wife Oma.

Wendy Fitzwilliam and Rosemund Montano.

Guests feasted on local delicacies while being entertained first by the Renegades Youth Steel Orchestra, which played its 2018 song of choice, Sokah.

Read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• CELEBRATION TIME AGAIN...Renegades 70 Years.

Honoring those who came before...

Tribute to Dr Jit Samaroo

2959989451?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Congratulations Renegades  STEELBAND PANORAMA CHAMPIONS 2018

• I think that NEWSDAY realized that the story was pan-politically incorrect so the pulled the story!!!

• Claude 

I think Newsday read your comments about influences the judges and became concerned about how this will look the day after Panorama.

bugs

• bugs: Yuh trying to mamaguy ah big old man or what? Not even my two little dogs doh listen to me. And how long I asking KEITH DIAZ (THE GANGSTA) to step down and let some people with some GOOD ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS take over PAN TRINBAGO and run the thing like the GLOBAL BUSINESS (not THE CIP, eh) it could be and KEITH DIAZ eh listen to ONE WORD I have to say!!!

Doh try dat, man!!!

But ah have to add that DOLLY looking SWEET SWEET SWEET!!!

The story done circulate!!!

https://trini-talks.com/air-of-victory-in-renegadesa%c2%80%c2%99-pa...

• Certainly you know dat was ah "Big People Party". They like to ride with the winners. And now you went an expose them to a world audience on WST. Everything was cool until you shine light on them. And now Rolly Polly doesn't understand why he was not invited. Look "Trouble" now!

bugs 

• The Fat Lady did not sing as yet.

• cecil looks like Desper win   you see their d

raw/

• Yuh tink?

• Mercer: If yuh name is not DOLLY or WENDY or OMA or ROSEMUND or JENNIFER or BASDEO or VOICE or RICHARD or JOEL or DUVONE -- YUH CYAR get INVITED to that PARTY.

This reply was deleted.