Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - The Pamberi Steel Orchestra is pleased to announce that Andre White will be the band’s arranger for Panorama 2018. Andre is a twenty-seven year-old New Yorker and graduate of the Berkeley School of Music. He began playing the steelpan at age six. Twelve years later he won his first New York Panorama with the band ADLIB. After placing second in the next two panoramas, Andre returned to winners row with back-to-back victories in in 2011 and 2012 in the New York Panorama. In 2011 Andre also registered his first triumph in the London Panorama with the band Mangrove. In the Trinidad & Tobago Panorama competition, Andre has played with the Renegades Steel Orchestra and arranged for Tamana Pioneers, Sforzata and Desperadoes.

Pamberi will also like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Brian Villafana and Cheo Cato who have, very creditably, handled the band’s Panorama arranging chores for almost two decades (i.e. since the year 2000).

To you our road-side members, we invite you to be a part of a new thrust to remodel Pamberi’s Panorama profile. Together with the arranger, road-side members are the other key component of a successful Panorama steelband. We look forward to your participation in the 2018 Panorama competition and to forging a strong bond for continued Panorama success.

click for original post

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Strongly recommend that Pamberi enter the large band category in 2018.  You should take full advantage of your investment in Andre White.

bugs

• I agree Bugs. birdsong management was not thinking clearly when the passed up on Andre,

• Cecil: How could you DISS my female arranger like that? Yuh worse than dem TRINI JUDGES who refuse to PUT Mia in the FINALS!!

Ah want you and BUGS to go find an ORIGINAL COMPOSITION by Andre White and put it up on this forum. Ah doh want no STEELBAND PERFORMANCE. Ah want to see the PERFORMING ARTISTE side of Andre playing one of his own compositions.

• Claude Gonzales, you could purchase Andre's album, Liberation Music. You'll hear some amazing, original music. Here's a couple links to purchase:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/andrewhite1

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/liberation-music/id1044407605

• I hope Mia is not offended by my comment because that was not my intention. I just happen to believe that birdsong would have been more competitive as a large band with Andre because of his experience. Like it or not Mia has to pay her dues, no free ride because of who she is. 

• Cecil

Desperadoes is another group who because of their tribal ways were not smart enough to hold on to Andre. And they access to him first. Rudolph Charles would have never made that mistake. He recognized talent and the potential for greatniess.  

bugs

• The foreign Invasion started with Leon foster Thomas as the 2018 arranger for Fonclaire ( my student at Pleasantville Senior Comprehensive School in Sando )

Now its Andre White for Pamberi. Welcome to the Land of Tambu bamboo Steelpan, Calypso, Soca & Limbo 

• The foreign invasion started a long time ago with arrangers from T&T going to the USA and UK. They are welcome here.
  • Excellent choice.
This reply was deleted.