Arranger, performing artist and composer Andre WhitéNew York, USA - My-o, My, o-My. Hmm, hmm, hmm...

Earlier this week one of the When Steel Talks (WST) forum regulars (Bugs) made what may have seemed to most an odd request, to one of the world’s most brilliant steel orchestra music composer/arrangers, André White.

“Bugs” made a request of Mr. White to write an arrangement of the Lil Nas X’s runaway hit “Old Town Road” for the upcoming “Pan Is Sweet” steel orchestra competition to be held in Brooklyn, New York this month, June (29th).”

Mr. White not only responded to the poster, but responded in the affirmative - with the additive that while it could not be done for the “Pan Is Sweet” competition, he might still do it as an additional arrangement for the stage side (of Pan Evolution).

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Country jazz Fusion and calypso?

• No big challenge. He could handle that.

• Mercer Ramdoo: One day the PAN LOVING PUBLIC will wake up and realize (accept the fact) that because of the gradation and decay issues with THE PAN -- PAN is limited in what music it can play.

But don't tell that to NO TRINIS!!!

• Claude

Given the advancements in robotics and wireless remote control, this problem could be easily solved with motorized dampers that are synced through computer control. 

bugs

This reply was deleted.