Hundreds of MUSIC LOVERS flooded the MAYARO RESOURCE CENTER last night to enjoy an EVENING OF MUSIC (With Pan) presented by some of the most talented young musicians in the entire land.

Satisfied fans walked away from the show uttering one word: AMAZING!!!

The show started off with some young artistes from the area and then went into the band's first set which was SOCA and CALYPSO. Lead singer GENNA DERRELL wowed the crowd with songs like "INTO YOU" and "LIKE IT LIKE THIS" and "ALL ABOARD" and "LOOK ON MY FACE"!!!

I fully expect to see this young (just turned 20) vocalist blossom into a FULL-FLEDGED VOCAL STAR in the next DECADE.

After a break the crowd enjoyed a session of current and old time REGGAE.. 

The last set consisted of guest artistes: M1, ISASHA, and a few others

ISASHA ended the show to the delight of an appreciate audience calling for an ENCORE PERFORMANCE in the near future.

What a great contribution to the culture by NEVILLE JOHN and AQUIL ARRINDELL and all the other young artistes who put time and effort into producing such a wonderful and successful show. Cecil Hinkson is always calling for the integration of the PAN into THE CONVENTIONAL BAND -- here is his answer ... THE LIVE EXPERIENCE.

BAND MEMBERS: Genna Derrell, Simba Amani, Aquil Arrindell, Neville John, Jenelle Ramgoolam,Vanesss Hamilton, Akeil Charles, Renata Francis, Akeem Augustus, Chloe Bishop and Darrell Leacock.

Now, although I am proud to see this development, it depresses me to see that this is the SECOND CONCERT in about SEVEN MONTHS produced by AQUIL ARRINDELL and NEVILLE JOHN to showcase THE PAN. Not to mention the WEEKLY GIGS that this band performs all across the country. But to think that TWO EMPLOYED MEN could promote SO MUCH LOCAL MUSIC (featuring THE PAN) when you have an ENTIRE ORGANIZATION called PAN TRINBAGO with 9 EXECUTIVES and a support staff with god alone knows how many workers and 180 STEELBANDS and 6000 PAN PLAYERS -- and after NINE MONTHS in OFFICE this ORGANIZATION headed by BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE has not PRODUCED A SINGLE CONCERT in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

To make matters worse, as KEITH DIAZ extrapolated, PAN TRINBAGO has an EXTENDED PAN COMMUNITY of over THREE AND FIFTY THOUSAND CITIZENS. So with almost 400,000 PAN LOVERS and participants in the nation -- BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE has been unable to put 100 people in a CONCERT HALL in NINE MONTHS. And here you have AQUIL ARRINDELL and NEVILLE JOHN who have performed before over 1000 PEOPLE in the last SEVEN MONTHS.
PAN IS MORE THAN PANORAMA FINALS in TOBAGO!!! So BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE should wake up and DO SOMETHING FOR PAN MUSIC instead of putting all her resources into BUILDING A STAGE in TOBAGO for DUVONE STEWART to WIN BEFORE THE HOME CROWD.

Congratulations to the LIVE EXPERIENCE and KEEP PROMOTING THE MUSIC and THE PAN!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Mr Claude for the first half of your article. Yes, last night was another successful concert and mention must be made that Mr. Simba Amani is also part of management and should be given credit as one of the major driving forces behind its success. 

And to the second half of your article. 

LEAVE MY PRESIDENT ALONE 

This reply was deleted.