... then these BACK TO THE FUTURE/BRING BACK PUSHING PAN ON THE ROAD advocates KILL THE FORUM with their NOSTALGIC IRRELEVANCE. No wonder PAN EH GOING NOWHERE!!!

Nobody eh posting NO MORE and 15,000 members losing interest. What a waste of cyberspace!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The pans should be used all the time. There is no excuse for silence. Hold classes, for kids, for adults. Hold concerts. Hold seminars and workshops. Bring the community in. Earn money with the pans year round. Don't complain about lack of interest in pan if the bands don't reach out and make themselves accessible and a part of daily life.
    Our little band on St John, Love City Pan Dragons, goes year round except for a month off in late summer. If we love it we're supposed to share it.
  • Okay, let's talk about going forward. First we have to go back--not too far though.  I raised the question last week about pannists being paid for playing at Pan in the Countryside. So far I have seen no answers. Here are a set of related questions: Do pan players get paid for playing at We Beat? Pan on the Avenue? Borough Day? Laventille Festival? If so, is that amount adequate? If not, why not? The concern is about the economic exploitation of pan players ["freeness" in the pan movement]. How could that be changed going forward?

• Dr. Nyomba: You are asking NUTS and BOLTS questions! We need some active players LIVING IN TRINIDAD to answer those questions if we want to establish a meaningful foundation to go forward with CHANGE. If we had a REAL GOVERNING BODY OF PAN they would send a representative to this forum to FILL IN YOUR BLANKS.

• Do these panmen own their instruments and use them for these functions? Or they come, play someone's instrument and also want pay.

• NO MORE PANORAMA AT CARNIVAL TIME SEE HOW YOU VULTURES FARE>>PLAY MAS AND HALL A..............SS.

• IF YOU CAN"T STAND THE HEAT MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ABANDONING THE KITCHEN ALTOGETHER.

• Claude, when yuh ole what yuh expect, not OLE TALK an no action!?

None ah dem aint want to come home aroun carnival time and help meh push d pan on d road.

I tired ah dem! Too much OLE TALK!! Steuppppps!

• We are now in a period of what I call THE BIG SLEEP. Easter finish, no competitions big gap till NY panorama season. If bands can get somewhere to practice. Nothing happening in T'dad and Tobago so everybody is recharging their batteries.

Now if their was a healthy recording program there would be lots to talk about but sadly there isn't.

So if you're like me you're probably playing any old music you may have bought years ago and enjoying the old days.

And yes I did push pan back in 1964 and 1965 and 1966 played and pushed. Good old Starlift. 

• Re THE BIG SLEEP, why are our pan yards empty and silent for so many months a year?

Would anyone else like to see pan yards used as pan theatres by the bands where concerts and recitals are held on a regular basis.  The entrance fee for these concerts would be an added revenue stream for  the band and its players. Additional benefits will be improved player skills and the enhancement of the band's repertoire.

There is nothing sadder than silent pan yards in the MECCA

This reply was deleted.