When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -  PanTrinbago would not be paying remittances to panists who play in Panorama 2019 and 2020.

So said Beverly Ramsey-Moore, President of the Pan Trinbago in an interview with Newsday Tobago. Ramsey Moore said steel bands will be asked to help in raising funds to help with their players’ expenses.

“I cannot, at this time, make any promise on players’ remittances for 2019 and 2020.We know that the players are a bit disappointed, but we definitely cannot afford it because we’ve seen where we’ve moved from budgets of $30,000 to $20,000.

“So, we are asking bands to do whatever is necessary to raise revenues to assist in meeting the expenses for their players, but at this time, we would not be able to pay players’ remittance,” she said.

read more

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pan Man Sweat

EXECUTIVE pockets FAT

No Respect for PAN MAN

PAN MAN still NOT OVERS DAT!!!

No salaries for PT execs. She just forgot to mention. I remember Robert Amar saying he won't take a salary. Follow fashion.

Is the Pan Trinbago executive going to forgo any honorarium/ salary/ stipend/ donation for 2019 and 2020?

What are the plans for the $1.2 million (10% of band winnings) it received?

President Beverley your comments sound abusive.

Until someone goes to jail players need to stay home. 

You not have their best interest.

bugs

It is a long season, anyway!!! So if the PLAYERS stay home for the next two or three weeks and word leaks upwards to Gypsy and Dolly and Beverley and Rowley that the PLAYERS are not showing up and the PANORAMA might be in jeopardy -- yuh will see how quick they pay them for 2018.

All the PAN PLAYERS need is a little bit of guile and a thimble full of leadership.

Pan players need support from the big 10 and the bigger 5. That ain't gonna happen. Dem bread done butter.

"We know that the players are a bit disappointed, but we definitely cannot afford it ..." says the President.

"P.s The President has NEVER said that the players won't be paid. She said that she cannot make any promises for 2018 or 2019 payment of the remittance. She asked that the players also make the sacrifice and look at the bigger picture in the long term...." says the "Acting PRO".

Panman still toting dotish head then.

Allyuh complain 'bout Gypsy a few years ago, now allyuh vote fuh dat, so take dat in allyuh pweffen.

Mercer: Please DO NOT keep it TOO REAL on THIS FORUM!!!

After all, it is a FANTASY FORUM!!!

In three years time PAN TRINBAGO will be bringing in BILLIONS and all the PAN PLAYERS will be getting their JUST REWARDS for all the FREE LABOUR they donated from 2018 to 2021 -- with 25% interest!!!

Massa day eh done, Buh pan players like it so. Wuk to fill the coffers of Pan Trinbago. Bring back Di.................

To sleep, perchance to dream, wake me when it's over. Shakespeare / Bas.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service