BSO has got "Ah Feeling"

Brooklyn, New York, USA - Indeed nothing would have given the late great master arranger Clive Bradley greater joy than to lead a posse of his New York players from his Brooklyn orchestras, into the international Panorama  in Trinidad and Tobago. Bradley thought the world of the musicianship of his New York players.

On August 9, 2015 Pan Trinbago in conjunction with the International Conference and Panorama (ICP) will host the first international Panorama competition at the Queen’s Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. The competition will bring together participants of twenty-four steel orchestras from around the world to compete against each other for the title of ICP Champions 2015. According to ICP’s website, subsequent ICPs will be held in other countries internationally.

Representing Brooklyn, New York, USA will be Brooklyn Steel Orchestra (BSO).

Brooklyn Steel Orchestra
Brooklyn Steel Orchestra at practice

The contingent of the amalgamation of some of Brooklyn’s finest steelpan musicians ran through their final paces at a practice When Steel Talks attended, before heading to Trinidad under the banner of Brooklyn Steel Orchestra. Without doubt this is the greatest gathering of Brooklyn, New York steelpan music performing artists assembled from all the New York steel orchestra franchises for a single musical performing purpose.

BSO will be performing this carnival season’s monster hit “Ah Feeling” as their tune of choice.  The “Lead Pipe” and “Saddis” composition took the Caribbean and Caribbeanites overseas by storm this past year. Accomplished New York-based arrangers Odie Franklin, Kendall Williams and Marc Brooks will provide the musical direction and arrangement for the orchestra - and the group will be operating under the leadership of Travis Roberts and Kernel Simon.

- See more at: https://www.panonthenet.com/news/2015/aug/icp-bso-8-5-15.htm#sthash.RKM0svfe.dpuf

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just heard BSO and they sounded great. I think they are ready and can definitely compete. Kendall, Odie and Marc did a fine job.  Josh is drilling with concepts I never heard or seen before. He is solid.

Watch Out, Trini bands, Watch Out!!!

• Lots of familiar faces and extremely talented musicians. Good luck BSO!

• "According to ICP’s website, subsequent ICPs will be held in other countries internationally."

We could come like FIFA with countries BIDDING and BRIBING to host this INTERNATIONAL EVENT.

No STEELBAND from ANTIGUA ... imagine that!!

This BAND should give a SPIRITED and COMPETITIVE performance!!!

• Which other country could afford to host this? it's only in T&T the government support pan events.

• When and were does the band practice?

• They practice at Skiffle panyard.  I have no idea of the time.  Pan Trinbago or Wack Radio should be able to give you an address.  I understand Skiffle is very near to Wack Radio on the Coffee.

• They are on the Coffee opposite the Super Market.

• Brooklyn Steel Orchestra can be found on Coffee Street near the statue of Spree Simon, opposite Foodbasket Supermarket/Belgrove's Funeral Home.

• Best of luck to BSO.

This reply was deleted.