CAL flies with Skiffle - State airline stands by South band

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Even  as steelbands continue to struggle for sponsorship for this year’s Panorama, Caribbean Airlines (CAL) has pledged to support San Fernando-based Skiffle Steel Orchestra for a second year.

CAL’s CEO Garvin Medera said they also intend to surpass the excellent results of 2018 when the formidable team of CAL and Skiffle placed second in the finals. This was the highest placing in Skiffle’s history. At an exhibition night at the Coffee Street pan yard on Friday, ahead of the preliminary judging today, co-captain Joshua Regrello put 2018 winner bp Renegades on notice. “This year we are bringing it down south. I tell you proudly, no band would stand in our way.”

The band has again teamed up with arrangers Odie [Franklin] Gonzales, Kendall Williams and Marc Brooks who took them to second place with Hello, in 2018. The co-captains Brandon Babb and Regrello are hoping the arrangers can work their magic and move them one notch higher to first place with their 2019 selection, So Long by Nadia Batson.

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2019 Panorama Prelims, South Large Bands(Skiffle)

• NICE RHYTHM

This reply was deleted.