Replies

• I'm not going to comment on this post, since I've written so much on this issue, and you all know how I feel about it.

However, on the subject of ECL , however, I recall his last post was about pan people being "obsessed " with money , and he was immediately attacked.

I guess he chose not to respond.

Now, "obsessed " may have been a bit strong , but his point was worthy of discussion.

We all know that pan people have been robbed and exploited over the years , but we should also know that over the years bands have broken up under the assumption that members were robbed by leaders .

In retrospect , there may have been some instances of dishonesty, but for the most part the worst the leaders should have been accused of is poor accounting practices , given the costs of bringing out a steelband, especially an unsponsored one.

After carnival, we all thought that there was more money in the pot than there probably was , looking back, but that caused the band to split.

This may or may not apply to today's situation buy it is worth some consideration .

• Glenroy,"Obsessed" is the word leaders says to minions when they are demanding what is theirs by right. The question is, who is holding back the money!?

• Glenroy: I do not think that the responders on the forum read Errol's postings carefully enough. I will go further to say that to understand Errol's postings you had to also take some time to understand ERROL THE POSTER. And I do not think that there are very many people on this forum who could combine the two ingredients and understand ERROL THE MAN. Had they given him time and not jumped down his throat we would have been led to some complex discussions and historical reviews on PAN and CORRUPTION and THE SOCIOLOGY OF THE PANMAN and PAN MUSIC. And even a new standard of tolerance might have resulted  from his presence. I could tell you why he left: He left because he thought the posters were TOO IGNORANT to waste his learned time on. Of course, everybody thinks that everybody else is STUPID. So you have to learn to roll with the punches if you want to JAM. Something he never wanted to learn.

• Claude if you can contact ERROL tell him to come back. Everyone has something offer. There are thousands of people on the forum. He might trigger something in someone that will prove monumental in the future.  The overwhelming majority of members prefer to just read and stay in the background.

bugs

• Bugs, WST membership is 14,298, it beats me that less than 50 post something in the forum.

• Cecil people tend to be passive. Posting takes energy. That doesn't mean they are disinterested.

50% of eligible American voters don't vote.  That doesn't mean they don't care or have an opinion.

bugs

• Glenroy your post highlights a very important point that must be considered going forward. The interest of the players is different than the interest of the bands and management. An organization that represents the players interests needs to be established immediately.  Without such an organization pan players will continue to be taken advantage of.

I am interested in hearing how the New Visionaries plan to deal with these inherent conflicts.

• Mr Gonzales, So cantankerous is a real word and spelt with a C you are never too old to learn. You seem hell bent on demonizing odw, Bertel and myself for "chasing" Errol from the forum which was not the case, HE choose to leave and you know that. For the record there was only one area where we had a disagreement and it was on the topic of the GREENS MONEY. At this point I have no intention of doing the tit for tat with you because it is non productive , 

This reply was deleted.