Driven by PRIDE, PATRIOTISM, LOVE OF PAN and a CALL TO DUTY -- PAN PLAYERS and PAN SUPPORTERS came out in MASSIVE NUMBERS to attend the CARIFESTA PAN SUPER CONCERT.

The event was extremely well-coordinated.

Gates were opened precisely at 5 pm and THE STEELBAND PERFORMANCES started at 6 pm -- as advertised.

Nine bands were placed in various locations around the YARD, with three on the outside waiting their turn to come in.

The traditional bands opened the show, followed by the others!!!

The MC did a great job letting the patrons know WHICH BAND would be playing next ... thus giving PAN LOVERS the option of staying in their seats or assembling around the band for a CLOSER LISTEN.

Thanks to the superb organization of the event, there was no lull between bands as whichever band was NEXT was IN PLACE and READY TO GO ....

By some estimates, PAN TRINBAGO raked in close to $75,000 (SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR$$$) from this event. And with very limited expenses (since Bands played free of charge and supplied transport) the organization was able to walk away with a VERY HANDSOME PROFIT.. 

THE CARIFESTA PAN SUPER PARTY concluded around 1.30 am and you could almost reach out and grab a HANDFUL of PRIDE and SATISFACTION (that filled the atmosphere) as a UNITED GROUP OF PAN PARTIES stood their ground and SHOWCASED STEELBAND MUSIC in THE MECCA in an extremely well ORGANIZED and SUCCESSFUL and PROFITABLE -- CARIFESTA PAN SUPER CONCERT!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well made points Russell.....

• The freeness mentality run the pan movement in T&T everybody want FREE...

• Even PanTrinbago.

• The more things change, the more they remain the same...

Johnny King Pan Man Overs dat

• I am trying to figure exactly what it the point of having a National Steel Orchestra when at an event like Carifesta Pan Trinbago  gone partisan (as expected) and select the execs and friends bands to represent T&T...Should we not have gone the way of Guyana and have the National Steel Symphony represent at even the Super Concert? It also baffles me that Pan Trinbago would try to influence the Minister of Culture for inclusion at the Super Concert three weeks before the said event when the headline acts were determined way back in January of this year and promotion for concert begins about three months before. Then a "Protest Concert"? Really?...That whole scenario too high fo rme...

• MTTB:  So, I am now understanding that the "Revenge Concert" was a success.  Well, Panorama will be here within the next three months.  What's going to happen then, free playing and a pittance of an entrance fee for spectators?  Everyone wants to rush to do a concert.  I hope they have the same enthusiasm for Panorama, ie. no pay but happy to support Pan Trinbago!

• So you put on a show...Get 14 Steelbands to perform...FOR FREE...Then call the show a success....A success for who?

• Article 4 (Choose Your Section)

• Well Ayesha Mohammed was a BIG UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR up in CANADA before she retired and returned to TRINIDAD and now she is advocating for PAN PLAYERS to be "RECOMPENSED"!!!

Just so she sending me and BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE to look in the PAN TRINBAGO DICTIONARY because neither me nor BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE doh know what that word mean.

But ah feel merrytonestothebone din have to look in NO DICTIONARY to figure out the meaning of that word -- he bright so!!!

• Yes Mister Claude. Who tell you Ayesha retired? they lie!. They must organize to find de money to pay the Pannists for the work they do, no matter if it is small change self! Ah gawn!

This reply was deleted.