Replies

• More indisputable evidence why Aquil Arrindell is best suited to lead the steelband fraternity going forward post COVID 19.

His tireless efforts to revolutionize his organization and position it favorably for the future, his training and experience as a national steelband administrator, and his vision for pan qualifies him.

Anyone who aspires to lead PANTRINBAGO must be smart, a visionary and among other things must have thick skin, be focused and committed. Aquil is all of the above and more to pan. 

Consider the options, choose early and wisely.

• More indisputable evidence why Aquil Arrindell is best suited to lead the steelband fraternity going forward post COVID 19.

His tireless efforts to revolutionize his organization and position it favorably for the future, his training and experience as a national steelband administrator, and his vision for pan qualifies him.

Anyone who aspires to lead PANTRINBAGO must be smart, a visionary and among other things must have thick skin, be focused and committed. Aquil is all of the above and more to pan. 

Consider the options, choose early and wisely.

• I hope they are listening to you, Daryl. Change is very difficult for some folks. I suspect Carnival will not return to Trinidad and Tobago before 2023 or 2024. So they have to get this right.  The weakest part of some of these presentations is the audio. For example the audio for Skiffle's Tempo in Sando concert was awful.  The visuals were nice but you can't broadcast audio of that quality to an international audience Skiffle should take down that audio and remix it.  Mono audio in 2021 is a no no. The person who did that mix should be arrested. The person who allowed this mix to be posted should be arrested. All those people who posted how great Skiffle sounded should be arrested for listening while severely intoxicated. Skiffle is too good of an organization to put out a product sounding like this, which does not represent their naturally live awesome sound.

Listen to this audio from Ebony Steelband below. This is the minimum standard a steel orchestra should allow posted.

bugs

• THERE IS ONLY ONE PAN GOD -- AND THAT IS ANDY NARELL!!!

Thanks, MARTIN. Never saw that VIDEO before!!!

• Claude

The science says that even a broken clock is right twice a day. But even this basic fact eludes you whenever you back this Andy fella.

You never pass-up an opportunity to come to aid of Andy. But, Andy has failed you every time you have done so. Nothing but licks, embarrassment and concussions for you.

Maybe you should ask Andy to leave the pan playing business and go fulltime into recording pan.  You also should be prepared to duck and run if you continue to associate the gods with things and people they may not want to be associated with. They have plenty thunderbolts with GPS on them. LOL

bugs

• Bugs,
            Do you think Andre Amati would have a problem with two violinist playing violins on a stage in Trinidad for Machel Montano’s wedding? I say no
            Or would Christian Frederick Martin, have a problem with everyone in the world who plays a guitar?
            I say not.
            We need to move away from the small island and small mindedness and embrace people who elevate the artform and stop being a hater.
            I remembered back in the late 70’s people had a problem with Peter Minshall and mas because he is white and just like Andy, he has elevated the cultural outlook on the country and elevated the artform to another level. I believe if someone is willing to spend their own money to advertise a country and a culture, we should all embrace him or her. Enough said!!!!

• Martin

Peter Minshall is a genius. And may actually walk with the gods. 

Andy Narell does not. Why would I have a problem with Trinidadians playing the violin? 

You seem to have a lot of personal deep seeded biases. Or maybe you just suffer from occasional severe concussions like Claude.

Go back and read my post. Try replacing the name Andy with Professor or Boogsie. 

Is there something about Claude and Andy that you know that the rest of us don't?

bugs

• Bugs,

You are completely right. Currently, it’s a shame the audio is at 1970s levels and no one seem to want to change because it’s all about money and freeness. Lots of pan players beat pan and not play pan along with the placements of the microphones it just amplifies a bad sounding band.

Trinidadians give Andy Narell a hard time but he is a genius when it comes to audio production of pan.

Listen to Andy and Trinidad All Stars in concert and the smoothness of the playing with quality audio and microphone placement. The caressing of the pan with the slights of touches to have the notes resonate with delicate frequency. 

This reply was deleted.