Replies

• Well already we can see that there is a big disconnect between the organizers and the younger generation of pan people. One of the best pan people events for pan people, by people, is the annual Rep Yur Band boat ride. Pan Trinbago has planned the Medium Band Panorama to take place on the same day. 

They have even expanded to New York. Quite frankly, I would feel more comfortable if the RepYur Band folks were organizing Panorama.

2995088261?profile=RESIZE_710x

• We are not to get it twisted, the STEELBAND is NOT ah Symphony, it is just some empty garbage drums the natives took and made into instruments to dance and make merry their hearts. However, today they can present themselves in any Concert Hall,  but their function remains making people happy, let's sing and dance. Remember this was a gift to us first, when we learn how to use it correctly the sky is the limit..

• You tell them odw, the biggest seller of Pan is rolling on the ground carnival day. STEELBAND STREET PARTY...

• What is getting lost here is the music of panorama, that's a hard sell.. The rest of the world is not Trini.

• The BIGGEST GROUP of PAN LOVERS in the world is EXPATS.

HALF ah the TRINIDAD POPULATION automatically DOH LIKE PAN.

And if you divide the 650,000 remaining into half adults and half children -- then you have about 325,000 of which 100,000 still eh too interested in PAN. So you have an active PAN BASE of about 225,000 PAN LOVERS in THE MECCA.

Ah sure it have TWICE that amount of TRINI PAN LOVERS on the outside!!!

That is your PANORAMA MARKET Mr. Marcano and Beverley and MR. ERO.

THIS IDEA OF WHITE TOURISTS coming to TOBAGO to listen to PANORAMA is a PIPE DREAM!!!

• 2994023359?profile=RESIZE_710x

• "THIS IDEA OF WHITE TOURISTS coming to TOBAGO to listen to PANORAMA is a PIPE DREAM!!!"

They  WILL come to hear PAN KNOCK while VACATIONING!!!

A PACKAGE DEAL for some...a good marketing strategy.

Katzenjammers - Wake Up

• Cecil: Is not me alone telling you that YUH GLASSES old eh ...

Michael Marcano That's because you are looking at the thing through old spectacles Cecil. Tourism is the primary GDP of Tobago. A panorama in Tobago can be marketed to the world like the major jazz festivals are sold. You are thinking only of a trinidad and tobago auduence, but I'm seeing hordes of experience seeking foreigners. The thing has great international potential; it may not all fal into place the first year but give it time. With the right packaging and promoting the thing could become another reggae sun splash. In today's world people chase after experiences so lets give them that and stop all the old talk about what can't work. What we have ain't working either.
  • Cecil Hinkson: What wrong with you, boy? Like yuh need some new GLASSES. Like yuh eh read how this NEW TOBAGO PANORAMA going and work, or what.

This is PAN TOURISM at its VERY BEST. Don't forget that TOBAGO is a TOURIST PARADISE. And when dem TOURISTS in Germany and France and Canada and America and England and Japan and Australia HEAR that there is a PANORAMA FINALS in TOBAGO -- they will all be booking flights to TOBAGO so that they could attend this PANORAMA.

TOBAGONIANS will be LUCKY if they get A TICKET to see this show. By 2023 -- TOBAGO PANORAMA will be one of the most recognized MUSIC FESTIVALS in the WORLD. BEVERLEY is projecting audiences of FIFTEEN TO TWENTY THOUSANDS.

Dem same TRINIDADIANS you saying will not be going to TOBAGO in 2020 -- they will be RUSHING to TOBAGO in 2023 ... Yuh know how dey LIKE TO BE IN BIG TING

And don't forget PAY PER VIEW is projected to be over 200,000 WORLDWIDE!!! If a PAY PER VIEW audience of 900 generate $35,000 TT for PAN TRINBAGO PANORAMA 2019 -- could you imagine what an audience of 200,000 will generate in 2023.

BEVERLEY have the VISION for this TING!!!

• Claude:  Only the tourists who would normally go to Tobago, rather than Trinidad, would not have an issue with travelling there.  As you know, I am a tourist but my preferred destination is, and always will be, Trinidad so I won't be making the journey to Tobago to hear pan when I can hear it in Trinidad!

This reply was deleted.