Replies

• I was fortunate to practice with Junior and Edwin Pouchett in their yard in Cocorite approx. 1953 for a short period. The band was named GOLD COAST and then became "Silver Stars". I lived  in Belmont and found this was  long ride to Cocorite. I finally became a member o Dixieland until 1956, I migrated to the USA soon after. Condolence to the Pouchett  Family.

Charles Assevero, Plano Texas

• MY profound condolences to Christine,the girls,Edwin's immediate and extended Family and,ofcourse,the"SILVER STARS" Steel orch., on the passing of my "little  brother"...It has really hit very close to home,being a member of the band under

the leadership of his older brother,the incomparable Junior"Edgar"Pouchet...We have lost a TRUE TROUPER ......

May his Soull rest in PEACE...

Goodbye!! My Brother....'till we meet again...

Love,

'Thello

• Condolences to the Pouchet's  family and silver stars may he rest in peace.

• Condolences to the Pouchet Family - May they find comfort in the arms of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

• Condolences to Silver Stars and the Pouchet family.

• To the Pouchet Family,

Expressing concerns, he braved his health and arranged for our band.

In 2010, our band placed second in the National Single Pan Competition with Edwin Pouchet's arrangement of Tonight the Black Man Feeling To Party.

Extending our sincerest condolences,

Manager, Captain and members of San Juan East Side Symphony Steel Orchestra.

• My pray's goes out to the Pouchet's family and to Silver Stars and also the Steelband nation.Please except my condolences for the lost of a great arranger and panman in Mr Edwin Pouchet,God love us all.May he R.I.P.

• There are so few that is born with this talent of creating music but this family

had two good ones , to the memory of Edwin and all that he gave to the culture

of Trinidad & Tobago.. year after year  R.I.P  your music from the heavens

shall play on..

Miguel Reyes

• To the Pouchet and Silver Stars family, our condolences. Edwin both you and Junior have left us with sweet music that will never forgotten.  My brother, sister and I have been followers since our teen years. Memories  that will last forever. R I.P.

• RIP Edwin. It was an honour to have known you. Your legacy will live on as a testiment to your dedication to the pan culture. An extraordinary talent.

This reply was deleted.