Replies

• Condolences to Malomo & d Joseph clan & d entire Southern Marines pan family including Charles Sooknanan who is a close friend of family & band.i know u would like 2 b here,but covid 19 keeping u away.

• To my brother Malamo, to your other brother whom I know but not so well by name, to your family, to the great families of the Lyons’ and the Green’s, to our cousins in pan belonging to that other oldest steelband in San Fernando (74 years), The Southern Marines Steelband Foundation; it is with very deep sorrow to have learnt of the passing of our elder ‘Scobie’. His fondness of Hatters will always be a warm memory to us.

Please accept my, and also from the elders and members of Hatters Steel Orchestra; our deepest condolences.

‘Scobie’ was not an easy character. Either you agreed with him, or you didn’t. But that was no big thing to him anyway. But when all is said and done, there are so very few who can ever claim that they have as earnestly championed the cause, or had as much passion and love for ‘Pan’, as our late Southern brother, Michael ‘Scobie’ Joseph.

We miss you already. Rest in quiet peace big brother. Our hearts are ever with you.

tobagojo

By Leslie C Lewis (1996) - A 50th Year Commemorative pamphlet

Birth of The Southern Marines Steel Band - 1946 to 1996

In Tribute

Michael ‘Scobie’ Joseph with the Southern Marines Steelband Foundation
    Carnival Tuesday night on the Coffee, 12th Feb 2013 - tobagojo

4225865670?profile=RESIZE_710x

‘Scobie’ with Darren Sheppard (upper right) & Friend with Hatters
    Paying respects to Steve Achaiba and Kenrick 'Parrol' Millington
    23rd Jul 2018 - tobagojo

4225895318?profile=RESIZE_710x

'Scobie' Chairman Pan Trinbago South & Central Region (2015) (left) + Son look on at events at Robin Park, San Fernando, Trinidad, TT
    PanAzz 1 - Bring Back de Ole Pan Lime! - Sunday, 22nd Aug 2015 - tobagojo

4225912590?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Rip Bro

• A great loss to the "Southern Marines" family and surrounding community. An affable stalwart in the area, he was very protective of the artform "PAN", as evidenced by his various writings on the subject. He was always willing to impart knowledge on history of PT and life in general.

A few weeks ago in our last conversation, he advised me to "leave it alone" on a controversial topic.

My sincere condolences to Malomo, Makesi, the talented grandson and the entire Joseph family, ,on the passing of my friend .a sage who was always willing to assist me. He will be missed, regal robes and all . Peace bro. Scobie.

• my condolences  

• When Steel Talks extends condolences to his family and friends.

scobie.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.