When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Condolences to the family of Mr. Franklyn Ollivierra

The Pan World has last another pioneer. Mr. Franklyn Ollivierra past away today June 13th 2012 in Trinidad. Mr. Ollivierra was a member of Phase II, and he was the man playing the amplified pan in highlanders in the 1960's

Views: 1079

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember Franklyn from when I played with Phase II in Panorma 1995. He was a warm & generous human being and a dedicated panman. So sorry to hear of his passing.

A great cultural Icon left us. Condolences to the Ollivierra family. May Franklyn REST IN PEACE. Stay up Phase 11.

Condolences to the family of Franklyn. I wonder if his performance at We Beat in St. James on Saturday was not preparations? He will be missed and may he rest in peace.

R.I.P. Franklyn, you played well all the time ... condolences to your family and Phase 11.

Condolences to the Franklin and Phase ii Families! I have supported the phase for as long as I can remember and have been in the yard every season for the last 27 yrs and have have had the honor of seeing Mr Franklin Ollivierra there every year in a most involved manner, always in there organizing and involved in every aspect of the band. Also there at the end of every practise, Boogsie and the entire Phase ii family have lost a Titan! RIP Mr, Ollivierra! Heaven is a better place!

Unbelievable. Anyone can be struck down at any time. Helps us remember that our time here is limited and there is yet so much to be done. Rest in peace Franklyn.

My condolences goes out to the Ollivierra family.He was a man for PAN.

My deepest condolences to the family, friends, Phase 11 and the entire steelband fraternity on the passing of this icon, Franklyn Olliviera. I know will be welcomed with open arms by the Archbishop of Pan,  Andre Tanker and all our late musical

talent. RIP, Frank!

Brother Ian Good Morning.  I received the book. Thank you and I hope others would purchase your book on Pan. Give thanks Dr. Lance Seunarine

Thanks Dr. Seuanrine,

Your support is well appreciated. I am going to the Phase II panyard tonight in honour of the late Franklyn Ollivierra and will be attending his funeral on Monday.

Love Peace and Pan

Borther Ian you are a walking Encylopedia. I knew Mr. Best. He lived two houses away from us in Point and I must say your book on Pan reminds me of his Student Companion. All Panmen and friends of Pan should purchase this book. It is the only book I have read that has a data base filled with info on we thing. Give thanks Dr. Lance Seunarine

Thanks Brother Lance,

My work seem to me more appreciative by the pan diaspora outside of T&T.

I am trying to get the books into the Schools in T&T.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service