The Pan World has last another pioneer. Mr. Franklyn Ollivierra past away today June 13th 2012 in Trinidad. Mr. Ollivierra was a member of Phase II, and he was the man playing the amplified pan in highlanders in the 1960's

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Condolences to the Ollivierra family. As a young man when I was leaving TnT, I chose Hylanders as the band to play mas with even though I grew up with Dem Boys and Dem Fortunates and it was because a friend new Franklyn

• Brother Ian Then Try NALIS; the contact there is  Ms. Joanne Osborne. Her Email is josborne@nalis.gov.tt. As a starter, maybe you will be able to get it in the libraries. Give Thanks Dr. Lance Seunarine

• Thanks Lance,

The books are in NALIS and the Capildeo Libraries in Couva. I am expecting some good news soon.

Thanks again.

• Ian, I need an email address for you.

• Bertel,

My E Mail is laventl@aol.com. You see I am a real Laventillian. (lol)

• Borther Ian you are a walking Encylopedia. I knew Mr. Best. He lived two houses away from us in Point and I must say your book on Pan reminds me of his Student Companion. All Panmen and friends of Pan should purchase this book. It is the only book I have read that has a data base filled with info on we thing. Give thanks Dr. Lance Seunarine

• Thanks Brother Lance,

My work seem to me more appreciative by the pan diaspora outside of T&T.

I am trying to get the books into the Schools in T&T.

• Brother Ian Good Morning.  I received the book. Thank you and I hope others would purchase your book on Pan. Give thanks Dr. Lance Seunarine

• Thanks Dr. Seuanrine,

Your support is well appreciated. I am going to the Phase II panyard tonight in honour of the late Franklyn Ollivierra and will be attending his funeral on Monday.

Love Peace and Pan

• My deepest condolences to the family, friends, Phase 11 and the entire steelband fraternity on the passing of this icon, Franklyn Olliviera. I know will be welcomed with open arms by the Archbishop of Pan,  Andre Tanker and all our late musical

talent. RIP, Frank!

This reply was deleted.