Congratulations to Dr. Pelham Goddard

When Steel Talks extends congratulations to the now Dr. Pelham Goddard. 

Honorary doctorate from the University of the West Indies

Read complete story

See more on Pelham Goddard

Sample of songs written by P. Goddard:
“The Hammer, “Savannah Party,” “Happy Song,” “Panama,” “Dedication,” “Play My Music,” “The Unknown Band,” “The Band Plays On,” “Jungle Fever,” “Calalloo” and “Calabash,” - all flowed from the musical pen of Pelham Goddard. His synthesizer solo on “Woman On The Bass” is just a ‘sample’ of his synth work, being the first musician to use the synthesizer in calypso music.

Other distinguished music works from Pelham Goddard:
“Is Mas,” “Family Affair,” “Tribute to the Old,” “Mister Robbie,” “Trini Prance,” “The Plan,” “Suck Finger Baby,” “Non-stop Fete,” “The Case of Disappearing Panyards,” “Olympic Mas,” “Sunshine and You,” “Latin Soca,” “Outta Hand,” “Soca Tassa Festival,” “Winer Girl,” “The Power and the Glory,” “Jump Up,” “The Iron Band,” “Dust in Dey Face,” “Rat Race,” “Simple Thing,” “Raise Yuh Foot,” “Jump for Joy,” “Voodoo Soca Man,” “Jump Up,” “Honky Tonk Soca” and “Parade.”

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Dr. Pelham Goddard. It's A jut and due reward for a lifetime of service and achievement..

• Congratulations. Doctor Pelham Goddard. WOW has a nice ring to it.  XO must be very proud.

• Congratulations Doctor Pelham Goddard. A great reward for your lifetime of hard work. 

• Congratulations Sir. It's about time...

• Congratulations Sir,

It was a pleasure having you join me and my musician friends on the Sando Hill..we enjoyed that day to the fullest. May God keep your path clear and encourage your family and friends to support you in all your endeavors.

• Congratulations Pelham. This is wonderful for you , the musical world and the steel orchestra scene.

•  Well Deserved Honorable Dr. Pelham Goddard Congratulations.

• Congrats!!!

This reply was deleted.