de judges tief!! 2020 Panorama

Dem judges tief Supernovas and Pamberi.

Pamberi and Supernovas have to be in the top two in their categories. What madddddness is this? Dem judges suffering from multiple concussions or the Russians got to them with mind control.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Love Andre White's arrangements.   Reminds me of a very young Boogsie.  Similar lines in some of the passages.  His quote of  Boogsie's "Crying" was tastefully and skillfully done.  Did similar with Shadow's "looking for horn" in last year's arrangement too.

Pamberi needs better pans though

• Hey Gus, fix the front line.

• I listened to the Supernovas and Pamberi steel-bands arrangement many times after their semis, there is no way Supernovas executed their tune/arrangement preferable than Exodus. Likewise, Pamberi tune did not match Renegades horn tune. I think both bands were placed appropriately, this was an easy call. They also easily fell to best Phase II and All Stars. de judges did not tief.

• I wouldn’t say the “judges thief”, they simply got it “wrong again”.

• I preferred Pamberi's version to Renegades...To me they told the "horn" story better and the original tune sang out throught the arrangement...Renegades, due to their superior numbers were much more vigourous in their playing, but Pamberi had more class...

• Can’t argue with those sentiments.

• Pamberi Steel Orchestra- Wrong Again (slow version)

Panorama Preliminaries 2020
        Arranger: Andre White
        Drummer: Leon Foster Thomas
        Tune of choice - Wrong Again sung by Skinny Banton

• I need to mention, what Supernovas and Pamberi played this year is approx. 10 times better than their offerings last year. 2020, competition stiff. Pamberi - To gain a few more points, need to decorate the band a bit, tune/paint the drums etc.

• Patrick

Only Duvone and Renegades followed the rules as outlined in the Pan Trinbago rule-book better than Supernovas.

bugs 

• PANYARD VIBRATIONS. Soon after their qualifying performance, while the judges are tabulating the score sheets, most bands would play a "Cool Down" version of their selection, which is normally slower. The purpose of this is purely entertainment for everyone present (including the judges). Exodus Steel Orchestra is seen here doing just that with their preliminary topping selection "Dear Promoter", much to the enjoyment of supporters and visitors who danced to the music.

Curtis Betaudier

Republic Bank Exodus / "Dear Promoter" (Slow) / Panorama Preliminaries 2020

This reply was deleted.