You are the governing body of pan in Trinidad and Tobago.  You are responsible for the image that the world sees.

You are not supposed to be an over-exuberant fan giving the world very bad to mediocre cell phone videos with atrocious audio.. You are like a child with a new toy. Get professional help. Raise your standards. Don't lower the standards. Isn't there one person in all of Pan Trinbago to tell you "NO don't post that?"

No more vertical videos please. That's considered below amateur level. No more mono audio. That is consider a sin in 2019.

The next video you post should sound and look as good as a WST video. Look at this https://youtu.be/jNiBK_AVNaA 

bugs

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As per typical Trini mentality..."Leave dat so boy...It good jess so"...

• Aquil 

You appear to be giving evidence that you are not part of the Pan Trinbago pan videos massacre. 

However, you are a card carrying member.

LOL

bugs

• I am guilty of being a member sir. 

there for Pan Trinbago's inefficiency is to my fault.

but there are things I can control eg. what videos goes out to represent  San City on San City's official web page

and things in can't, what goes out on Pan Trinbago web page.

but I am still holding the position that this executive must be given a chance so I in meh corner hushing.  

• Aquil

I am very please to see that you know the difference between posting videos on youtube vs posting on facebook.

Furthermore. I think it is your responsibility to warn Pan Trinbago that the global bad pan video police has them leading the pack. Are they trying to win an award for embarrassing videos.

Pan Trinbago is doing irreparable harm to the Trinidad and Tobago Steelband brand.

What exactly do they expect to gain with these awful videos?

Will the bad videos result in an increase in 

- demand for Trinidad and Tobago steelbands and products around the world

- allowing the world to hear the great quality of the Trinidad and Tobago instruments, arrangers and tuners

- allow the world to hear the great musicianship of the Trinidad and Tobago players

- people wanting to play pan or join a Trinidad and Tobago steelband

- people hitting replay because they love what they are hearing or seeing

- people gaining a new found respect for Pan Trinbago's technological, media and marketing know-how

I THINK NOT

So Aquil, I ask again who is responsible.

check out the audio quality of these recording, they were done over 25 years ago.  Were you even born yet?

bugs

• I see what you mean.

very impressive.

• As it relates to video production, and considering the comments condemning the quality of video production. The following is what was told to me by someone who is a successful video producer in conversation about the benefits disclosed for video production in the budget. Do you suppose Pan Trinbago can use this increased benefit (to sponsors) to their advantage in the context being discussed Mr. Gonzales? 

"They raised the ceiling for companies who sponsor sport and culture and video production is included....but companies have not been utilising all of the old quota...so what is new?"

• Can you please post the link of the Video that you are in referring to. 

• Aquil: Yuh think we making up STUFF on THIS FORUM? I (and I am sure many others too) have been annoyed by that GARBAGE. But I complain about so many things I never bothered to make it an issue.

It is a kind of an insult to ASK FOR ONE EXAMPLE from people who does follow PAN TRINBAGO for DECADES.

And let me EXPAND on the point that bugs was making. FILM is RUNNING RAMPANT in TRINIDAD. Go to YOUTUBE and type in "TRINIDAD FILMS" and you could spend the NEXT TWO YEARS looking at movies and documentaries FILMED IN TRINIDAD.

What is my POINT? My point is that the TALENT is there to FILM a STEELBAND PERFORMANCE and then do a little editing and fine tuning and then put out a HALF-WAY DECENT PRODUCT.

But YOUR PRESIDENT (BEVERLEY RAMSYEY-MOORE) so wants to be IN CONTROL of everything and so believes that EVERYBODY should come TO HER (because she is such a HIGH PRIESTESS) that she does not even vaguely understand the concept of NETWORKING or integrating other skills into the PAN ARENA to present a better product.

And everybody down there praising the MANAGEMENT SKILLS of this woman and bending down and kissing her feet for all that she has ACCOMPLISHED to date. When she cannot even shoot a QUARTER DECENT VIDEO of a PAN PERFORMANCE.

THERE ARE MINIMUM STANDARDS -- especially so for an organization that calls itself THE WORLD GOVERNING BODY OF  STEEL BAND.

Claude

• Aquil: Ah throwing in ah lil example for you:

This reply was deleted.