When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Desperadoes Steel Orchestra and Arranger Carlton “Zanda” Alexander Win!

Finals Results - Large Conventional Steel Orchestras - Trinidad & Tobago Panorama 2016

1. 285 Desperadoes

2. 284 Supernovas

3. 283 Phase II Pan Groove

3. 283 BP Renegades

5. 281 CAL Invaders 

6. 280 All Stars

7. 277 Silver Stars

8. 276 Redemption

9. 272 Fonclaire

10. 266 Skiffle 

see more

Views: 3089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations to Desperadoes. Beautiful music and well deserved win!!!

Congratulations to Desperadoes, at last.

I could not fault the judging this year. Both medium and large reflected a pretty good assessment of the performances on the night.

Yet again the lack of good compositions and a short season meant that tune of choice was very much limited.

Randi Curvan

I may be the biggest Despers fan in Grenada and I want to say Congratulations. Its been a long time waiting but it was worth the wait.

Gongrats from a Bajan fan.  You must be happy Roland and so you should be.

CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER TO  DESPERADOS and the COMMUNITY of  LAVENTILLE  and ENVIRONS.

WELL DONE.

THE NAME OF THE TUNE  SAYS IT ALL

AH DIFFERENT SIDE OF ME.       NOW IT IS  ELEVEN ( 11 )

Well deserved win by Desperadoes. Happy to know that the Hills are alive once again, for the right reasons. Congratulations!!!

What a Panorama!  Pan won last night.  Congrats to Despers!

Despers was exhilarating! They put the Savannah on a high. Millions of congrats to Zanda and women and men in the Orchestra. Keep shining everyone. You made Pan sparkle last night.

Congrats to Despers and Zanda!!

What can I say that has not been said before or implied!! I had this feeling in my bones from the first time I heard the tune this year.

This is just the continuation of Zanda's work with "I'm not drunk" and "Radica".

I have been begging my brother Despers fans not to lose faith over the years. We are finally vidicated!

This is one GREAT band that I have loved from the first time I heard them coupled with a "jazzist" who has surpassed the GREAT Clive Bradley.

Where is the video?

This is the stuff that a great band is made of. Homeless, near broke and counted out
by many people, Despers kept on playin because that's what they do. Last night they
got their mojo back and overcame all those low placings in previous years. Hopefully this win and the
pride+joy behind it filters back+ throughout the eastPOS area for obvious reasons.Thank you
Carlton Z. Hopefully this is a long , productive union. It sure started great. Thanks to all the bands who performed . Everyone sounded great .

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service