The Panorama preliminary round  in Trinidad was around the weekend of Jan,17,18,19,20 (2013)

The end of Panorama season was a month later in February.Today is April 2nd. the stipend of $1000.00 TT to the ordinary Pan player who participated in the preliminary round has not yet been given to them. ...What is the reason for this....no one in the executive of the Steelpan organization waits for more than a month for their payments or salaries ....why hold back this small bit of money ( much less than $200. 00US) from the ordinary players  This money was already allocated by the government months ahead...C'mon ... you guys....you can do better than that ...Do something for the ordinary Pan players ....Just Pay Them Now

Salah

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sure right. Each player is paid by cheque made in the players name.

• Personally I thought that this money is paid directly to the players by the government and not through the band or those people at pantrinbago

• Greetings It looks like thievery taking place and Salah exposed them  and the Lawyer Phantum have them on the run. Guidance Dr. Lance Seunarine

• I am just wondering, when the Steel bands get the Stipend, do each and every member that played in the Panorama  received it, for instance the players that live abroad, do the steel band mail them their money? Or they keep it for themselves? (JUST WONDERING)

• Bede,

We know what it's like to play in a steelband with over 100 players in panorama, can you imagine what it must feel like for a player from foreign to experience that? they are not looking for money they want the thrill.

• Cecil, Just something to think about. I don't think I got as much as 20.00 at one time back in the dey, even on the Stage side Most of the money goes to the Captain, then they pay the Arranger and the rest goes to Steel band expenses Does days we play for the love of PAN not the MONEY

• Bede,

You ask ah good question, I just feel somebody in T&T collect the money that was to pay the player from foreign .

• I remembered an experience I had in Hummingbirds Pan Groove under Ray on the track before the stage,a whole lot of young ladies from England for the first time playing in Trinidad in 1992, they all got SO EXCITED when they saw both North and Grand Stand packed to capacity, all their faces turned red with fear, joy, anxiety and whatever else. Yes Cecil its the THRILLS!!

• Bede ,

Most  of the  players  from abroad  do not  stick  around  for  the  payday 

Salah 

• Since my acceptance on When Steel talks i have spent some time reading all the comments on this topic and i am very happy that Mr. Wilson decided to bell the cat on behalf of us panists.

From what i gather the treasurer if pantrinbago is pushing blame on NCC but as far as i Know the President of Pantrinbago is a board member on Ncc and has the voice for pan on the board. It means therefore that our representation by Mr Diaz is Poor because if Mr wilson did no ask a Question we would not have Known what was happening.

Whenever we ask about our money all the leaders tell us is that pan ent pay yet. They themselves are not aware of what is happening and the secretary Mr Forteau has not communicated with the bands nor the Regions. We have to wait untill the 14th April when their meeting is held to get an explanation. Is'nt that disrespect. Where is Mr Diaz the NCC member, he is the one to Answer. Is it true he is in another African Country? Is he aware that the money means a lot to us single mothers who are in the pan yards every night for two months? Come Mr Diaz Stop flying and as Boogsie say " Do somthing for pan or take your photo and go. Diaz is Ncc not Mcquilkin let him answer.

This reply was deleted.