Replies

• Anselm,,,,couldn't put it any better,,,,,how are you doing,BLESSINGS.
    • MORNING GLORY: Yuh posting nice man. But you have to put up some TOPICS OF YOUR OWN. If anybody attack yuh I will come and defend yuh!!! Doh Worry!!!

• Congratulations,to Desperadoes on their win.Better luck next year Boogsie,,it was great,,,come back and "rough it up"for the win next year. To the Phase 11 ,and Boogsie haters,,,,,"who God Bless,No man curse" All you haters ,only jealous of Phase11 and Boogisie s,success,over the years. We still love yous though,BLESSINGS.
    • Don't blame the "Haters" Morning Glory…Boogsie had it in his hand and he gave it away….overconfidence is a bitch….and before you and Keith kill meh…in "my" opinion, knowing Boogsie's quality over the years I was expecting him to go for the jugular with a blistering outro, just like he did in 2014…but alas…as Smooth said in his song a few years ago…"there's always next year"….

• Merrytones: Ah wake up this morning thinking about NEXT YEAR. If LIAM could stay in the same musical direction and get a good vocalist and lyricist and music producer, I think we could win the PANORAMA. The problem is that his school schedule is so demanding that he does not have the time to devote to a PANORAMA SONG as he should. And if he waits until the last minute to slap a song together he will be at a disadvantage. Plus, if he wants to continue in that musical direction he should get some help from an American Producer. Being in Ohio is a big disadvantage.

The BROOKLYN THREE have some major advantages in that area and they should compose their own song for SKIFFLE next year and use a New York based vocalist with an R&B background.

I would like to hear WST INTERVIEWS with LIAM the BROOKLYN THREE and BOOGSIE and DUVONNE.

In the post performance interview with Alvin Daniels -- BOOGSIE was 100% sure that he won.

Too bad I don't like PAN enough to go back and listen to all 10 performances; I might change my mind about a few things.

• You're safe with me bro. You're one man who tries to discuss musical matters from a musical perspective. I appreciated your earlier posts regarding the scarcity of musical 'vehicles' like Blues, Rhythm Changes, I-vi-ii-V, I-IV-I-V, F-jam, etc. Amazing how these have provided the basis for probably 90 % of popular music. Buh nah, the inside scoop on the performance was dullness on stage. You know this is a physical thing and sometimes the team is just flat OR the other team wants it more than yours. I don't worry too much about the results,more about the musical discoveries and I get a healthy dose EVERY year from Sharpe - win, lose or draw. I Madd as hell!!! :)

• …and clearly Despers and Zanda wanted it …his outro is what made all the difference…well that plus the unbelievable power and volume…and energy…tell Sharpe I say he getting ole…lol...

• LOL. Fuh real, it is NOT an easy task to produce music for 120 players, except for the musical rocket scientists among us. But Sharpe composes on his feet, no instrument needed so I think he could do more. That said, I could tell you every day you go to practice you PRAY that Sharpe doesn't come up with an impossibility. I don't think Sharpe realises his own power. He may be constrained by the ability of the players, but whatever he gives us, given enough time, we will learn it. Once or twice he has had to drop stuff because only he and a handful of the crackshots could manage it, but generally Natasha can teach the band to play just about anything Sharpe brings. But when I talk to him I will give him your message, maybe that will motivate him to kick some asphalt again LOL.

• Morning Glory, eloquently and succinctly put!!!
      I consider Boogsie Sharpe a blessing to T&T. Sharpe's music is ALWAYS a challenge to the ear; He is willing to push the boundaries of musical knowledge.
      I played tenor in the band for 2006 to 2013 and at NO TIME was I able to take notes (scales and chords) or patterns and say that I played that already, yet one poster SWEARS that there is nothing different in "Madd Music". I study these pieces personally after Panorama, for my own musical enrichment and I wonder what on earth these people want from this man. I wonder whether Mozart's music has no difference from one composition to the other.
      I would LOVE the persons who know that it is "semi-musical BS" to enlighten us with a few lines and progressions from THEIR musical creations; I am ALWAYS looking for interesting new music. The one who swore there is no difference can probably point us to positions in particular arrangements where he is hearing "the same thing". I am always willing to learn, I am not always willing to be subjected to acrimonious venting resulting from, as you put it so bluntly, jealousy (I think envy as well) of a naturally gifted musical phenomenon. The nice thing about music though is that EVERYONE deserves the music they enjoy!!!! Thanks to Claude as well for the original post and his contributing posts.

This reply was deleted.