Members have been calling for FOREIGN JUDGES to ADJUDICATE our local PANORAMA competition for a long time now. Do you think they will still complain about the Judging after the results of the INTERNATIONAL PANORAMA if it does not go their way, Will they say the FOREIGN JUDGES never arrange a PANORMA TUNE or they do not have a clue of the voices of the INSTRUMENTS or they are BIAS. Just asking but what do I know.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well stated...stick to music..not theatrics....
    • Appearance, presentation, get a lot of points under General performance, this is something  we always forget, we only think about music.

• IT IS MY OPINION that the criteria for judging has allowed for  theatrics and pyrotechnics to take precedence over MUSIC. The savannah crowd makes the most noise for "big band" fireworks and confetti, while warmly applauding a really beautiful piece of music. My suggestion is. instead of 40/40/10/10, it should be Arrangement: - 60 pts. General Performance: - 20 pts. Rhythm: - 10 pts. and Tone: 10 pts. Also, with the exception of the banner and flag bearers, everyone performing on stage, should be included when counting band members. If the maximum is 100 players and you have 20 dancers, you can only use 80 players. Music has taken a backstage in the competition.......CLIVE?...come back.

• Cry wolf after the fact…..the judging panel was listed long before the competition and no one said a word about the composition or the fact that foreign judges were limited in the number. Now after the results everyone and their two cents want to blame the judges. Pay attention to the judging criteria and the results speak for themselves. Sideshow or not All Stars entertained and were reworded with the loudest cheers of the night. The haters would never ever be pleased … nuff said..

• HOME CROWD!!! ON THE EDGE OF LOSING!!! LOUDEST CHEERS have very little VALUE!!!

• Agreed the Judges results are final - let's move on.

• Yes, you cyar stop ah Trini  from complaining. That's what we do very well. You hear Brian London calypso ?

• yes they would, they can't help it.

• You know how it is in our country, some of us are never sincere , but i say congratulations to Trinidad All stars for a job well done

This reply was deleted.