When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL STILL CAMPLAIN AFTER THE RESULTS OF THE INTERNATIONAL PANORAMA ALTHOUGH FOREIGN JUDGES ARE BEING USED.

Members have been calling for FOREIGN JUDGES to ADJUDICATE our local PANORAMA competition for a long time now. Do you think they will still complain about the Judging after the results of the INTERNATIONAL PANORAMA if it does not go their way, Will they say the FOREIGN JUDGES never arrange a PANORMA TUNE or they do not have a clue of the voices of the INSTRUMENTS or they are BIAS. Just asking but what do I know.

Views: 1005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Earl Richards, you took the words out of my mouth, I was just searching for the amount of Foreign judges (I think its 3) and 4 or 5 Locals to open a discussion,

It will be just like the World steelband music festival when people were saying that the Band from Illinois should have won, and  they also said Boogsie save Trinidad with the Cadenza that he played at the end with Skiffle bunch.

There will always be something to say. (then again, if Boogsie had not played that Cadenza with Skiffle bunch do you all seriously think that they would given it to the Foreign band?)

Glad you asked that question! Most of the people following this INTERNATIONAL PANORAMA do not understand the DYNAMICS and are PRAYING that TRINIDAD WINS. When in truth and in fact TRINIDAD DONE WIN ALREADY.

PHASE II/ALL STARS/DUVONNE/ is ALL TRINIDAD to them.

Didn't you see that article written in the EXPRESS in TRINIDAD where even the local writer was essentially keeping his fingers crossed about Trinidad winning.

The only COMPLAINTS will come from ALL STARS fans when they finish SECOND or THIRD. But you could expect that!

Regardless of what the results are people will talk about the judging.

Ah Foreign Band could never win this first ICP with a 1st prize of $250.000.00 US (you will never see that)

We asked for FOREIGN judges to judge Panorama so we will all accept the judges decisions and we are still complaining after the results of the first ever I C P . Next we will ask Amrit Samaroo Band from space to send down some Alien judges to adjudicate future Panoramas.

If the general consensus is that Fgn bands cannot win, where are we going? We ask for Fgn judges yes but, not with a lopsided ratio. I could live with the results, if All Stars were fourth .

ITS NOT THE JUDGES   DONT BE FOOLED BY THIS.  ITS THE METHODOPLOGY  OF JUDGING AND TABULATION.  PANTRINBAGO AND TRINIDAD DISGRACED THEMSELVES LAST NIGHT.  WHAT A DISPLAY OF OPEN  BIAS... PAN ELDERS WERE BY FAR THE BEST( MUSICALLY)   BAND LAST NIGHT.  EBONY (London) RENEGADES,  VINCI  STARLIFT, AND THE SAMAROO BAND WERE HIGH UP ON THAT MUSICAL LIST.  NEVER MIND THE CURRY FAVOUR (POLITICAL)  INDIAN FLAVOUR OF ALL STARS ALL THAT IS SHIT AND SIDE SHOW. paddy corea 

Paddy: I like this part of your post ... NEVER MIND THE CURRY FAVOUR (POLITICAL)  INDIAN FLAVOUR OF ALL STARS ALL THAT IS SHIT AND SIDE SHOW.

Talk about side SHOW: from the MUSIC to the DANCERS ... ALL SIDE SHOW!

You are so right Paddy. The south band Pan Elders were robbed and what's even worst is the fact that they placed them in a three way tie for 12th place.

if you are going to have foreign judges then do it right...have the same amount of foreign judges as Trini judges!!!! Don't throw in 2 Americans and a Caribbean judge then 6 Trini judges and expect it to be fair!!! Dat can't happen!! What?? England, Canada and Europe have no master musicologists ??? This judging was rigged before the first note was played.... I don't know what the love affair that Pan Trinbago have with All Stars is but it have to stop!!!
In my opinion if you had to pick a Trini band...then Pan Elders was far superior to All Stars....so was Ebony....and the Japanese band.
Well I suppose BIAS will always win in Trinidad.....maybe All Stars should go into politics..... The way they going these days all that's left for them to win.....sigh!!!!

I totally agree Char. Pan Elders a south band was robbed to the max. 

I am more convinced that All Stars is a Political Band! It's not by chance they play "Curry Tabanca" with all that East Indian Fanfare! And where that second place band came from out of the blue? 

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service