When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Dr. Pat Bishop of Trinidad and Tobago has passed

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the great Dr. Pat Bishop.  She was a true champion of the steelpan instrument, its music and of culture in general.  Dr. Bishop passed away on Saturday August 20 after collapsing at a high-level meeting of her peers in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, convened with the aim of furthering the country’s culture.

Many are sharing their thoughts, memories and knowledge of this irreplaceable individual and historic cultural activist in the realm of the steelband art form, and overall culture of Trinidad and Tobago.

Take the opportunity to leave words of your own, and consider and draw from those of others - all in the When Steel Talks Network forum.

click for WST exclusive by Pat Bishop

Views: 2546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tropical Steel Orchestra of Barbados expresses deepest condolences to the family of Dr Pat Bishop, which includes the wider community of Trinidad and Tobago.  Undoubtedly she will be missed by all who benefitted in any way from her tremendous talent.  May she rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Miss Bishop.You will not be forgotten.

Dr. Pat Bishop,

You have left to take your place in conducting that glorious orchestra up there in the great beyond! Go, do well and know that you'll be greatly missed here on earth. Condolescences go out to the family & friends to a great icon...

On behalf of the Desperadoes Steel Orchestra I wish to extend condolences to Gillian and the rest of the family on the passing of our mother as she wanted to be known by us Dr.Pat Bishop.Words cannot express how I and I am sure the other members who won three consecutive pan festivals with her feel.She is going to be sorely missed by us and all who crossed her path.Rest in Peace mummy and may GOD be with you.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service