DUVONE STEWART SPEAKS HIS MIND!!!

TO ALL THE MEMBERS IN THE PAST EXECUTIVE OF PAN TRINBAGO YOU KNOW YOURSELVES AND I AM NOT GOING TO CALL ANY NAMES BUT YOU KNOW YOURSELVES CLEARLY, THIS IS WHAT WE AS A MOVEMENT HAS TO FACE NOW: PAIN,PAIN AND MORE PAIN.

THE BAD DECISIONS YOU MADE, THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY WITH THE MEMBERSHIP AND MANY OTHER THINGS IS THE RESULTS OF WHAT WE HAVE TO SUFFER NOW.

Not because i am DUVONE STEWART THE CHAMPION ARRANGER FOR BOTH MEDIUM AND LARGE BANDS IN 2018 I SPEAK LIKE THIS, BUT I SPEAK LIKE THIS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING, MUSIC IS MY LIFE, MUSIC HEALS ME, AND I LOVE WHAT I DO.

MAKE MUSIC, ARRANGE MUSIC & PLAY MUSIC -- BUT WHEN YOU START TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHAT PUTS BREAD ON THE TABLE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, THIS IS WHERE I GET VERY VERY UPSET!

GOD DONT LIKE UGLY AND WHAT YOU DID TO THIS MOVEMENT WAS VERY VERY UGLY AND YOU KNOW IT.

TO ALL MY PAN PLAYERS WHO PLAYED FOR ME OR NOT, I FEEL YOU PAIN BROTHERS AND SISTERS, BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENED FOR ME COULD NOT OF BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT PANMEN AND PAN WOMAN (THE PLAYERS) SO I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

I AM NOT VEX WITH THE PRESENT EXECUTIVE OF PAN TRINBAGO IN ANYWAY, YOU CAME INTO OFFICE AFTER ALL THE SHIT WAS PLACED ON THE WALL AND YUH KNOW SHIT ON AH WALL FROM LONG TIME IS HARD TO CLEAN.

BUT A PROMISE IS A COMFORT TO A FOOL, IF YUH KNOW THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE PAID PLEASE JUS TELL US.

PLEASE JUS COME CLEAN AND STRAIGHT WITH US THE PANMEN AND PANWOMEN WHO MAKE THIS EVENT A HAPPY ONE.

I KNOW ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY SO I DONT EXPECT MUCH FROM YOU GUYS BUT JUS COME CLEAN AND HONEST WITH US IF THERE IS NO MONEY TO GET JUS SAY SO OK.

AND IN CLOSING,TO THE EX EXECUTIVE MEMBERS OF PAN TRINIBAGO YOU KNOW YUHSELF,
GOD DOH SLEEP AND YOU WOULD PAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS SOME WAY OR THE OTHER,
BECAUSE BANDS, ARRANGERS AND PAN PLAYERS ARE CRYING IN PAIN NOW JUS BECAUSE OF WHAT WAS DONE TO US.

YOU KNOW YUHSELF!

I DONT EVEN CARE IF I AM ON YOUR BLACKLIST!!!

I DONT GIVE AH SHIT BECAUSE YOU PLAYED WITH MY LIVING!!!

I AM GOING TO SPEAK MY MIND!!!

WHO DOH LIKE IT -- CALL THE POLICE!!!

I DONE!!!
MIC DROP!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why talk about a promise is a comfort to a fool how many years arrangers have been taking steelband money and promising win and it never happened ,how many years it take most of the arrangers to get a win but Pantrinbago must get it right right away whoa.

• Earl Ramsey: I am glad that you are sticking around. You want a positive from me: I will give you one!!!

Clearly you are a BIG BEVERLEY supporter and you believe in her leadership. Well, Beverley could contact a supporter like you and feed you a few pieces of POSITIVE NEWS and then you could come on THIS FORUM and disseminate the tidbits -- building a positive image in the face of the constant criticism.

A simple starting point!!!

Earl Ramsey: "Undercover" public relations officer for social media!!!

That's the politics, baby!!!

• Bro I'm only replying to some of the stuff been put up there that is call criticism I don't need anything from Beverley I'm saying it as I see it because I love steelband

• Lol...  Ah tired hear enough pan-men-and-women and their supporters boasting and talking brave that dey bound to win, blah~blah…  Many if not most, they do not and then we hear "dey tief dem"...  lol

• Perhaps a one year break from the expenses of panorama to reset and really scrub the aforementioned shit off the walls is in order... not a boycott but an official postponement as it were.

• This is a good idea.  

I would prefer just a large band panorama this year under the Big5 management.

bugs 

• In 2016 when the players protested, Duvone was there,so too was Renegades captain,Candace.

When the UPPM was formed at the meeting held at All Stars panyard, Duvone was there and he was among the last to leave. Dane Gaulston,Duvone and I walked down Charlotte Street after the meeting and Duvone was very agitated as he felt things were moving too slow.

Whenever Duvone work schedule permits,Duvone attend PT meetings as an observer,and he is the only large band arranger who attend meetings. Duvone would sit quietly and listen and at the end of the meeting,he would share his thoughts and concerns with those gathered after the meeting. What Duvone wrote in this statement is what he said after the meeting on the 4th December.

Duvone also said that he is disappointed that other arrangers and tuners don't seem to be concerned about PT, when they are part of the industry,and make good money working for the steelbands. He said "Pan is my job,this is all I do, and I cannot sit by and don't speak out about the injustices "

Duvone also spoke about what should happen with Panorama 2019,probably he would share those before then.

I should let the forum know that Michael Marcano (Renegades Manager) is a front line CIP advocate whose duty was to present our motions at meetings, and he clashed with the former executive many times,so Renegades support Duvone's activism.

Pan needs more Duvones for a number of different reasons.

In Pan

• How soon they forget, eh...  Like many (not all), Duvone is Pan and Pan is Duvone.

Soon as a Trini rises and stands out in their field of endeavour, they become subject to lambaste, picong, fatigue in all its forms.  It's a Trini Ting, not so much a full-frontal attack as it is to critique with ol' talk (often laced with plenty shite).

He from Tobago, him can only arrange and come good with single-pan small-band, him can only arrange one way in one mould, him too big and will not be around for long, him spreading himself too thin arranging for more than one band when him know none of them will win, him only talk when Panorama on the horizon, him is the only one using and promoting e-pan, him only care about him and doh respect no one else but him. >> That is some of the pure shite-talk I have heard said of Duvone yet he does not succumb or give up and proves them all wrong.

Those who know better, knows what Duvone brings to the table with his passion doing something for pan.  

He has given support where support is due, but is fully capable of holding the newly elected executive accountable, so they do not fall into the same traps and behaviour of the past FAILURES!

They have been served notice that the pan-people-at-large EXPECT better and will not let sleeping dogs lie and remain silent if pan players do not respectfully get what they are due as promised, period.

If the pan-ship does not have a reasonable course-correction which is fair, equitable and just, you know what has to be done.  Remember who was the first pan-man to call and congratulate you after Renegades won this year.  Him also knows what needs to be done.

As the French say, "du bons sens fait du bons sens", alors for the rest, follow what Frontenac said in The Battle of Québec, "Non, je n'ai point de réponse à faire à votre général que par la bouche de mes canons et de mes mousquets."  Once things settle down and Panorama 2019 is on, answer from the mouth and voices of the steelpan-guns in your steelband.

'Nuff Said and 'Nuff Respect!!!

• Before you open your rear end and let the shit fly, you should first do your home work. Also, Mr. Stewart did not call on divine intervention, he was merely stating a biblical fact. (There is a difference you know). PLEASE, reread his comment and then have some sit you down and read to you very very slowly, Galatians 6, verse 7. Your lyrics suck by the way.

This young arranger Mr. Duvone Stewart, and others are the future of the Pan Industry. I urge the band leaders to follow his lead or in a matter of years Panorama could originate from another country. Lets face it. the writing is on the wall. You can start by biting the bullet and boycotting Panorama 2019. If you all got the guts. Mr. Stewart did. 

• Compliments of the season to all.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the Duvonne's position.
    Forewarned is forewarned.....let all be advised accordingly
This reply was deleted.