When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Hi all,

I received an e-mail from the Ministry of the Arts and Multiculturalism requesting an E-Pan on loan for a display that they were putting together for participation in an expo in Surinam. The presentation was a display of pan from its inception to present. They also indicated that the display was attending an expo in China subsequently. I indicated to the officials making the request that I would loan them an E-Pan for the Surinam display but I did not want the E-Pan to be included in the China expo. They obliged and indicated that several parts of the exhibition would be returning to Trinidad and not going to china, so the stage was set.

I am turning to the community now to ask for your help in finding the E-Pan as after over one year of requesting the return of the loaned E-Pan the ministry finally informed me in person that the E-Pan was "apparently" lost. I know that the pan community is quite resourceful and it's feelers have a long reach. So, if anybody finds or has heard of anyone who has found a lost E-Pan please contact me or the Ministry of Arts and Multiculturalism so that this can be resolved

I thank you all in advance for your help.

Views: 2644

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There may be more to this story of high pricing than you or I are willing to state on this post Sidd. But I hear you loud and clear

Biz Bobbol 101 in T&T decoded...

Honesty is the best policy have you ever heard of that Brian stop trying to lead people astray tell the truth. There was a mediation decision back in October 2013. According to this newspaper article the rights of the phi is 33% decision for UWI , 33% profits for the government/people of T&T and the rest for you and your boys. If you had done everything honestly your integrity will not be in question. Since you are a dishonest person what exactly is your argument here? Is it that you are honest and you will not organize or have anything to do with the disappearance of the E-pan,because according to this newspaper article you and UWI still have development to do on your gracious phi that nobody wants.
I think it is in your best interest to reverse engineer the E-pan to improve on your phi. You have always been nasty and conniving in my eyes. Here is the link to the article http://newsday.co.tt/crime_and_court/0,185830.html if you acquired patents legitimately for your invention NO need for mediation stand your ground and WIN your court case. According to my friends who have purchased E-pans they said that it is way more superior. I am yet to speak to someone who have purchased a phi. Everyone I spoke to have receive a phi free for marketing purposes and they are not impress.

Tsk Tsk! There's the red herring! Senseless banter here we come! Such impertinence from one so young is so unbecoming. You really need to get a hold of yourself. You seem to be a far different person to the one who twice visited my lab a few years ago. My dear boy,  I really don't know how to acquire a patent illegitimately ... perhaps you can advise on how to beat Uncle Sam's patent examination system? And since when does anyone trust newspaper reports 100%, particularly the Newsday ...which has had its fair share of trouble on authenticity issues? Check the IP registers to see who the real owner is. That's how I found out that you don't own yours either. Furthermore, if you were really reading ALL the news you would know that the politics of the day dictates that Govt and I deal at arms length, if at all.Above all man, calm down! Life is way too short!

Now, based on your misinformation and your unbridled emotions you have on a public forum maligned my name (join the line) and that of my colleagues, one of whom just left the earth for the other realm. For that I demand an immediate apology.

Prof. I am waiting to see between you and Salo who is going to get what they are asking for.

Cecil,

To answer your question where I am concerned, I have already accomplished what I have set out to do with respect to my invention. I did not invent the E-Pan so that I can get 65 million dollars (or whatever the figure is) from the government of Trinidad and Tobago. As a young boy I had a dream to electrify the acoustic instrument, the steelpan, putting the panman and pan woman on the same playing field as all other instruments out there and I have accomplished that. 

The other main thing for any inventor is to gain acceptance in the field of his/her invention. I have done so and I am very proud that the E-Pan invention has been accepted by the pan community at large. Proof of this comes through sales. There have been continued purchases of the E-Pan around the world since its release (and I stress the word purchases). There have even been purchases in Trinidad and Tobago. Proof of this can be found all over the different social media sites. The E-Pan has also received blessings from the governing body of steelpan, Pantrinbago. If you go to their website you will see in the bottom banner that the presence of the E-Pan is there. Most times companies pay for advertisements, but I can assure you that in this instance this is not the case. I also received an award for my invention from Pantrinbago. 

Brian Copeland seems to be hallucinating as evidenced in his first post by calling the phi a superior product. Let the pannists around the world decide that ... lol. I will go back as far as March 24, 2010 at 7:36 p.m. when I made a post on one of the threads on When Steel Talks and I informed everybody publicly of what Brian Copeland did. At the end of my post I had a few questions which were:

1) How do you sleep at night?

2) Since the government of Trinidad and Tobago is funding the G-pan and now the Phi-pan, how come you are heading a private company called Panadigm? Shouldn't that be a publicly owned company? You are, after all, using taxpayers' money to fund it, and on top of that a group of you were also receiving a monthly salary from the government for the time put into Research and Development.

3) Since all of this was done in the labs of the University of the West Indies, which you collect a salary from, and young upcoming engineers from the UWI were used, how come the design patent that was granted in Trinidad has personal names on it like your own? Should that not be connected somehow to the University of the West Indies? Only in Trinidad ridiculous things like this can happen.

Here is the link to my post back in March, 2010 http://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topics/an-interview-with-steel... The link will even take you to information about what Brian Copeland did to other inventors like John Smith and his invention and Auburn Wiltshire with the mpan. 

Now, in 2013, the previous Attorney General brought up my exact concerns which caused the result that Brian Copelenad and his team are now experiencing. Everything divided in 3. I'm not about to do like Judas and sell my soul for 30 pieces of silver.

Most people are beginning to understand what Brian Copeland does. He surrounds himself with people who he can use and extract information from then takes the credit for it as his own. He has recognized people, but not because these ideas were birthed because of them. They are recognized as "helpers". I wish the pan tuners and people who are around him would have the confidence to it on their own. What he does is their leg work and paperwork and has the know-how to extract funds (legitimately or other) from different sources. That's all he brings to the table.

Just so that everybody is clear. I have received worldwide patents around the world for the E-Pan invention. I applied for a utility patent in Trinidad and was offered a design patent which I rejected because I was not about to accept a more inferior patent than the E-Pan deserves. This offering of a design pattern was all a political move which I will not get into right now, but when I'm good and ready I will revisit the utility patent situation. The E-Pan has already been recognized and rightfully granted utility patents around the world. What the phi has is a design patent in Trinidad which is what they offered me as well and I can get it at an time.

Cupid 

The world is large enough for the E-Pan, PHI and PanKat. Continue to sell where ever you can whether in T&T or Timbuktu. PHI and PanKat can also do the same respectively.  Patents are heavily expensive and wining Patents are much more heavily expensive. Sell, sell and sell. We black people have not understood the game yet.

Hi Riff,

I agree with you. The world is large enough for everyone and all ecosystems to survive and live comfortably. I guess my rambles are not senseless after all as if he took notice back in 2010, he had sufficient time to right the wrong.

With respect to patenting, as I've said numerous times, with a utility patent, anybody who would like to sell or manufacture electronic steelpans (in this case) has to go through the proper channels getting the proper permissions then they're free to manufacture and sell in the particular domains/countries of the patented product. So let this post be a heads up that if the phi or pan kat would like to manufacture or sell (in America for example or) anywhere that the E-Pan patents exist then they'll have to obtain licensing or else they'll run into even more problems than they've already experienced.  

Whatever is the matter with you two?….the E-Pan better than the PHI…the PHI better than Pankat...typical Trinis…give it a rest please fellas…both instruments have their merits…at this stage of our development I'm particularly disappointed to see grown men bickering …still…over this issue…Salmon…take the friggin people who lose yuh E-Pan to court and get back the money for yuh labour…if in the first place yuh didn't make a proper loan arrangement is you to ketch…beyond that I can't see how losing the Pan could reach to re-hashing which instrument better and all dat…we like too much ole talk man….

Hi  merrytonestothebone,

Thanks for your contribution. 

You know ..... I guess it's a cultural thing.

I just want to find my mysteriously lost E-Pan. Espionage is not just a fancy word, it's reality. Even the groundhog came out of his hole under false pretense talking about senseless posting. I think he saw his shadow. It's like passin' gas. Sometimes when someone passes gas the smell hasn't even reached into the environment as yet, but the person who pass gas is already sayin' "allyuh smell dat?" "Who do dat?" We also know it as takin' in front before in front take yuh.

Cecil these young people are something else eh? You ask me a question, he answers it with a long diatribe. Oh please! All the information on how the PHI was developed has long been ventilated and put in the public space.  I am not going to get into how and why Keith Maynard was motivated by his sheer admiration of Boogsie to come up with the original notion when certain people were just out of diapers or how we all saw this project as a pilot for motivating TnT to move ever closer to 1st world status which, I assume, will result in a better quality of life for all of its citizens.

Everyone knows the REAL reason the GORTT came after Brian Copeland and anyone else with any kind of relationship with the last government. At least everyone with eyes to see, ears to hear and enough biological processing to put it all together. The case was a senseless one in the first place, particularly since there is precedence that fully supported our actions- but I'll leave all of that for the novel.

In the  meanwhile, the world big enough for all and even bigger still - that is why our strategy was never to engage in the street battles with yours truly, despite all the taunting. The only reason I posted on this particular thread, and risked the ire of the self proclaimed God of pan electronica,  was because the conversation heading in a direction I did not like.  

And talking about red herring, all this guff talk about the e-pan being an "inferior toy" is laughable.

Keith P. Maynard mentioned you in a comment.

Keith wrote: "You are no different from your lord and master. You guys are the most inappropriate humans I know. I am disappointed that you are an alumnus of the same High School I attended. If you want to greet me, please do. I am the first person to assemble an electronic steel pan and I share a patent for the world's GREATEST electronic Pan, the Percussive Harmonic Instrument. For you and your Lord and Master to come onto MY Page to push your little toy, ostensibly greeting me, is lower than your usual average. Get this crap off my timeline André-Roger DELLEVI Salmon Cupid"

https://www.facebook.com/keith.maynard.1238/posts/10153135250344442...

Salo, continue your march forward ever, backward never.  Your continued innovation is proof of concept to anyone with eyes and ears...  The e-pan journey continues...

You remain First-At-Bat of record in all WIPO domains, with a prized USPTO Utility Patent that remains standing, as much as they tried to take it away.  And even though they have tried to co-opt your IP rights, internationally they have had to piggy-back on your invention as Prior Art with their "designs" ... ;-)

'Nuff Respect

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service