Replies

• Keishaun,

I'm a friend of Caleb "Bravehart" Hart, and liked what you played on the Tasman Jude EP.  I wish you luck with your pursuit of your goals, and I appreciate your honest critique of electronic pan products.

To the WST Community:  Keishaun represents the future that many of you envision.  He obviously is trying to establish himself in a recording and performing career.  I respect that he has come to the community with his proposal.  And I can say that I listen to his music every once in a while in my car or at work.  Like he said, it should not matter whether his preference is ePan, PHI or any other.  What is important is that he will use it.  I wish this young brother the most success.  Enjoy the music of this Tobagonian collaboration.

• Thanks man...Thanks for the words of support!

• Yeah, you boyz and dem have some wicked stylings...  Good show!!!

• Agreed... I have a long drive home in not so good winter weather, so good night...
  • Who said you did Claude? Cecil suggested I could surely ask Salmon for a discount or even a free ePan. I responded with Salo's own words to get us back on track. You would be surprised how often he is asked by many to give them a free ePan. Something we have seen discussed many times in WST about the problems this expectation of "freeness" many of our peeps, from all stripes raises. Salo is not close to being in the realm of bmobile and digicel. Duvone does not expect it in their business relationship even though they are long-time friends. Best of all Keishaun himself in his approach has shown a maturity by choosing the popularly accepted crowdfunding method, which is the professional way to go. He is on a path to success and I support him. Redundancy quite often stresses the obvious for reasons that are not as clear as you think.
    • Let's move on!! I am a big supporter of Salmon Cupid and I have the most respect for him and consider him to be quintessentially dynamic. I also support this young guy Keishaun so we are both on the same team.

I am aware of the cultural issues.

• KJ, like Duvone is from Tobago and he seems to have been raised with a good sense of himself like the Duv, so he has a good steps to follow. The young man seems to be charting a good course for himself and his approach to be diligent is admirable. How the hell is hat insanity? You know what bills Salo has to pay? You see anyone else giving away pan? Maybe one of the other electro pans can afford to but Salo can not and will not. Freddy Harris got a sponsor and KJ has chosen another path.
    • Redundancy!!! Inanity!!! We already know that Salo is running a business. It was unnecessary to restate the blatantly obvious. I was not asking you to GIVE AWAY anything.

• Keishaun,

You are a brave young man, smart too. Seeing that you came on a pan site to ask for money you have also open up yourself to a lot of questions, like why you choose the Epan over the PHI or did you check and see if there are others that cost less that's doing the same thing?

I'm sure  Andre will put in a good word for you to get a discount from Salmon having stated your preference of the Epan.

• Hi Mr. Hinkson....I know of the epan, the phi and I saw another one thats has steelpan tones but its on a flat surface. Of the three I have seen, hands down I prefer the epan. Let me start of with what I dont like about the PHI. I don't like the look of it. I dont like that screen thats plugs into the top of it (it reminds me of those long time camera phones that you had to plug in a camera into in order to access the camera feature). It dont seem to have a wide array of instruments available on it as the epan. Based on what I have seen, I have only heard two tones thus far i.e the steelpan tone and a crystal sounding tone. In addition, in general, I don't like the appearance of it.
      On the other hand, the epan is visually appealing to me. It had tons of different instruments that you can choose from. It isn't limited to one pan to but you have 6 pan tones you can choose from plus you can it allows you to upload ANY steelpan tone you want via a USB port. I like the fact that it has bluetooth connectivity that can alow you to wirelessly connect a mobile device to play background music through the speaker of the epan. In addition, I also like the fact the all the controls are implemented into the design of the instrument unlike the PHI.

To conclude, my general thought on the PHI is that it is a little outdated in terms of features and the epan is the only electrical steelpan I have seen that to-datehas been keeping up to the times. That is the reason I favour the design and everything about the epan. Oh, not because something is cheaper I go for it. People that knows me personally knows that I like quality stuff. So if it means working harder to attain it, I prefer to do that than settle for something cheap. 

This reply was deleted.