Replies

• Dr. deLight: You made me LAUGH SO HARD that I woke up the dogs ... and you know what they say about sleeping dogs. However, on a more serious note, I would like to sign up with you to do an online course on the FUNDAMENTALS OF WRITING CLARITY IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. We could negotiate a mutually agreeable fee.

Recently, a PANMAN decided to elevate himself to AUTHOR and his article was published in the official program of the recently concluded NEW YORK PANORAMA. Oblivious to the circumstances (the sociology surrounding this particular individual) that propelled him to the height of LITERARY CONTRIBUTOR on that night -- the man was berated to the lowest levels of MENTAL HARBOUR on this forum.

I don't want that to happen to me, Dr. delight, so I want to enroll in an ONLINE ENGLISH CLASS with you so that I could post on this forum without subjecting myself to the abject criticism that buried the literary hopes of that poor pan man. If I could identify him I will have him join your class with me.

I know that I am kind of old to suddenly seek this harbour; however, I have heard them say time and again: Better late than never!!!

• Amigo, "better never late".
  • It's so sad reading some of these comments,...some things never change...it's been years now and I'm still seeing the same complaints. It's a cycle, like a cat chasing it's tail and never catching it...year after year we ask for WST to handle the sound and the powers that be, refuse....sigh!

It's so sad.

GP

• I agree with the author. There is too much ramajay and not enough melody. I have not bought a CD some years now. Today the bands does play dance music or good listening music. I think is the reason steel band does not get enough work. The group that get most of the jobs are mixed pan horns and bass guitar.

• Courtney, listen to PanEvolution, the melody is evident throughout the performance and the execution of the piece was near meticulous. Maybe the output to the author's ears was muffled or filled with static. The Panorama was good, not excellent, but good.
  • Seems like everyone had some of every problem with the bands in NY Panorama. What
    I heard was simply some bands played better than others, just like the Mecca. My picks for the nite were (1) PanEvolution, (2) Crossfire, (3) D'Radoes. I heard what they played and some heard what they beat. Sorry, Q Tips in the mail.
  • Claude, Claude, Claude The pans were played. The arrangements were comparable or even better in some instances than some in the Mecca. Problem with your audio?
  • WIACDA should listen to some of the comments on this site and make the necessary adjustments to their sound systems when staging the Panorama finals and prelims.  I am totally impress with the most, if not all, the comments pertaining to sound quality and logistics in locating certain instruments to garner full effect and sound amplifications.  

• agree

• Thanks for all the technical observations and other considerations that came in response to this posting. It was all very enlightening; and the civility with which everyone responded on what could be a touchy subject was much appreciated. The underlying issue with me on this topic is (and has been for years before I came on this forum) the long-held-belief that our PANORAMAS could be packaged and marketed to the WORLD (mostly AS IS). Clearly, the PRODUCT will need a whole lot of technical polishing before it gets to THAT STAGE.

This reply was deleted.