When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Trinidad Guardian

Republic Bank Exodus durring their semi-final performance of Superblue’s “ Rag Storm” at the Queen’s Park Savannah, on Sunday.

EDISON BOODOOSINGH

Four-time Panora­ma cham­pi­ons Re­pub­lic Bank Ex­o­dus Steel Or­ches­tra has changed their tune of choice for the up­com­ing Panora­ma fi­nals, as arranger Pel­ham God­dard be­lieves the judges are not in­ter­pret­ing his arrange­ment of Austin "Su­per Blue" Lyons' Rag Storm the way he would like them to.

In­stead, Ex­o­dus will now be play­ing Kees Di­ef­fen­thaller's Sa­van­nah Grass in the fi­nal on March 2.

Ex­o­dus will be en­ter­ing the Panora­ma fi­nals in the sec­ond to last po­si­tion with 265 points.

They are 14 points be­hind cur­rent lead­ers and de­fend­ing cham­pi­ons bpTT Rene­gades.

Read more

Views: 1053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It can be argued that Exodus, if they had played Savannah Grass for the preliminaries, may not had been good enough for the judges and possibility of eliminated from the semi-finals. Pan trinbago don't mess up, stick to your position at this time, don't repeat the nonsense what other bands did years ago, after all, we are much better educated today.

Patrick: You are looking at a matter of PREJUDICE and calling it PRINCIPLE!!! Beverley has her own personal political axe to grind with AINSWORTH MOHAMMED (hence EXODUS). So this "change tune issue" gives her the perfect opportunity to PULL HER POWER PLAY and hit him a LOW BLOW.

But she is MISCALCULATING the BIGGER POLITICAL STAGE that she on RIGHT NOW. This is not TOBAGO POLITICS!!! This is BIG TIME TRINIDAD POLITICS.

And I am betting on AINSWORTH MOHAMMED to win this POLITICAL BATTLE.

BEVERLEY should think about the GREATER GOOD of PAN and not push this NUCLEAR PAN BUTTON right in the middle of this PANORAMA FEVER.

Yuh better call up THAT WOMAN and talk to she, boy!!!

And, by the way, I conceded this point (your point) in one of my other postings ("It can be argued that Exodus, if they had played Savannah Grass for the preliminaries") -- but that DOH have nothing to do with this POLITICAL WAR!!!

If yuh doh want to listen to THE PANORAMA -- doh listen!!! But EXODUS (my family band) will be playing "SAVANNAH GRASS" on PANORAMA FINALS NIGHT. Or we are not going to the SAVANNAH and we are going to sue BEVERLEY and PAN TRINBAGO and shut down the WHOLE ORGANIZATION.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service