From Trevor Emanuel Cooper:

"This serves to inform all members of our Pan community that Patrick Worrell aka "Bele" died on Wednesday 13th November 2019. His funeral will held on Wednesday 20th November at the Belgrove's funeral establishment in the Trincity area at 3.00 p.m., near to Eddie Hart grounds. "Bele" was a master tuner and often assisted many of the top tuners during the hectic carnival pre-Panorama periods. He tuned pans for Casablanca and Invaders steel orchestras, and many of the bands in the Eastern region of Pan. Condolences go out to his entire family and friends from the membership of Shell Invaders Steel Orchestra.

Image used with permission of Kristofer Olsen

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• CONDOLENCES  TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS May the lord store HIM away within the confines of his safekeeping, I was rather fortunate to work alongside him for the PANORAMA of 2016 when he was Blending the steelpan instruments for "LAVENTILLE SERENADERS" we share some good steelpan(MEMORIES) stories I will cherish the tenor pan you give to me as a parting gift Rip.Bro,

• RIP Patrick "Bele" Worrell & condolences to his family, relatives & the steelband community by extension.
    This brother was also involved with a lot of steelband activities in the Arouca area. 
    I honestly feel like a lot of his accolades were excluded in these posts
    In that he was a steelband stalwart in the Arouca area including being a member of the defunct Ekklesia Steelband not to mention any others that I've forgotten and also a Pan tuning center in Arouca.

Just so we know that humble as he was, he was a big man in the business of man & he's not forgotten in that respect.

• Sat-Nam(“I Salute The Truth In You”).....

Heartfelt Condolences InDeed! “Bele”{“Baylay”} IS Famaly, on my GranMA *Iola Worrell’s* Side!

All Power To Him,as he takes his place...in the Realm Of Our AnceSTARS.

Condolences also,on behalf of “Parry’s Pan School”(“PPS”),Tacarigua.

ASE... ASE... ASE-O!!!

ONE-LOVE!

Val Serrant,

Ext.-Rel.Officer.”PPS”.

• Rest In Peace my friend 

• My condolences to the family of Patrick Worrell from whom I obtained my great pan (voiced by many from the pan fraternity) about 26 years ago,  and still my great sounding pan...Thank You. Peace. 

• offered my condolences already. Just to add, he also tuned 4 T'dad All Stars

• Condolences to his family; may he rest in eternal peace!

• Rest in Peace Bele, you will be missed.

This reply was deleted.