Gary Straker has passed away

Gary Straker has passed away. Gary was the founder of the Gary Straker's Pan School from Arima, Trinidad. The GSPS won the National Junior Panorama Competition in 1999 and was successful in many other National Steelpan Festivals and other competitions. They represented Trinidad and Tobago in the Aberdeen International Youth Festival in Scotland on two occasions and also tours.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My condolence to the family of Julien Straker ,may he rest in peace .from a former student.

• Rip my frienD teacher father figure and so much more ur left ur mark in this world in a great way again rest in peace
  • A vibrant conductor and arranger from since the era of the 1995 & 1997 Junior Steelband Music Festival competitions. His presence and passion made many of us stand in awe, even at those tender ages. May Almighty God comfort the family and friends of Mr. Straker in their time of loss and sorrow.

• Condolences to the family of Gary Straker from the Arima Angel Harps, Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.

• Gary was able to motivate his young students/players to be the best they could be,with discipline and good technique.He taught my two children now in their twenties from beginners to being accomplished players. Many bands in T&T have Gary's proteges in their ranks. He will be missed. Rest in Peace,Gary.

• Gary was my pan tutor through my teenage years. There are so many memories from my youth playing six bass with the band in different competitions, which included the trip to Scotland. He was very ill. Diabetic, which even led to him amputating one of his legs. RIP.

• Gary, arranged and was a key player in the Ozone steel orchestra in Ortoire Village in Mayaro. Rest in peace Gary condolences goes out to the Straker family and the Pan ferternity.
  • Rest in peace, Gary.You made an indelible contribution, to the pan movement.

• May he rest in peace.

• Condolences to the Straker family on behalf of Desperadoes and Ian Franklin

This reply was deleted.