Assuming that the New Visionaries will takeover the leadership of Pan Trinbago shortly - what do we want?

I want a professionally made Panorama video of the highest order that will turn a profit. This DVD should be able to sweep all technical and creative awards worldwide. To accomplish this the New Visionaires will have show an ability to raise funding, interact with real professionals, an ability to market globally, an ability to increase sales, think outside the box, an ability to attract new people and widen the fan base, an ability to identify talent, a respect for the Trinidad and Tobago Pan product and an ability to balance the books. Not to mention putting on a live show that is prime time ready.

What do you want?

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2959984104?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024TEAM NEW VISIONARIES GOING FORWARD

• If the New Visionaries gets into Power, One of the first thing that they have to do is To Change the Judging Criteria of the Panorama. [2] Rotate the Judging System Annually they Cant be Having the Same Judges every Year [3] Bring Back Pan In the 21st Century and Pan Down Memory Lane,[4] And as Bugs have been Saying for the Longest time. Change the People who does the Footage for the Panorama Videos their Product is Very Bad. [5] Set up a Fund for Our Old Pan Pioneers who are in need of Help. [6]  Be Very Transparent Something that Pantrinbago has never Been.  ''Good Luck Folks. We All hope You Will Win.

• The sad reality is the there is almost no market for panorama music globally, only those that really know about it will buy it.

• But with the WORLD POPULATION at 7.3 Billion -- if we cannot get 300,000 people WORLDWIDE to LIKE and BUY the music then the music is (FILL IN THE BLANK)!!!!

• My point EXACTLY, Cecil!!!

• I am involved in Pan in Europe and I can only add that if Panorama DVD's are to be spread and sold worldwide to make a profit then Panorama has to change the type of music it focusses on. I love Panoramas musical lineup but for the majority or listeners around the world it is too long and complex for people to go out and buy.

That being said, at the moment when I DO want to buy it, there is no way for me to get my hands on it (would love to get my hands on a DVD of the World Panorama this past summer) so it is an issue.
    • Adam: There is always ONE IN A MILLION who wants to buy it -- but those are NOT GOOD ODDS!!

• I agree with you , Adam that the complexity of panorama music makes it a difficult sell to those uninitiated to pan music, especially without video..

Which is why we need a "gateway" to introduce the uninitiated to the joys of pan music ,before we introduce them to the heavy stuff.( The Carnival parade , maybe)

And which is why casual listeners request tunes like 'Under the Sea" and "Yellow Bird"  from highly skilled panists, which drives pan pros crazy.

• I must admit that I am not well informed on Trini pan politics , nor of the personalities involved.

I do know that the current administration has been accused of corruption, mismanagement,having a thin ear to the desires  the membership , and not having a legitimate plan for the future of the artform.

Apart from being advocates of transparency and accountability , which I admit are big deals , I'm not aware of plans by any opposition to do things differently, and to move the art-form into the twentieth century.

Maybe the New Visionaries have a progressive agenda of which I am not aware , but to be blunt , it all appears to be the same old wine in new bottles.

As many have made it clear , I am an ex-pat with limited knowledge of the local pan scene, so this may or may not be any of my concern ..

However , as a lover of the steelband artform globally, one can only hope that new elections  provide a new lease for life tor the steelband organization , as we try to figure out thre best course of action for the advancement of our beloved art-form in this new millennium.

• Same old wine in USED BOTTLES. But maybe they would accept some ideas from the EXPATS and build some partnerships. Speaking bluntly, once they win the election -- THANKS FOR THE RIDE!!!

This reply was deleted.