Bradley has got to be rolling in his grave. So, is this what panorama has come to? It is hard for me to believe that the young people decided to go with all these dinosaur chunes - no matter how great they were in their time.

bugs

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• what is all the fuss about! All those so called new songs comprises of melodies heard before. they all could be considered ''RETRO'..IN A FAIR WORLD.....Spankin happens to the one song that people recognize as retro. Perhaps Desperadoes  are  going out of the box- since no matter what they play their placings are low. Besides, the retro songs are part of the Panorama criteria,,, there is a first for everything.

• Time will tell where the judges place Despers whether this retro-nouveau is the way to go. For me, I think this is just a chance to make a play with a spankin new twist with a nostalgic blast from the past. The revved up tune is catchy, but no disrespect, it is a better fit fo the small and medium bands, no...
    • Andre, Brother, I LOVE ME SOME SPANKIN!!!

A big reprieve from all these garbage songs on WST!!!

• There are quite a few good songs on WST. it's just the arrangers choose the shitty ones.

• That's what I said before, that this year have some good Pan songs, usually they dont 

• This year 2014 there are many good songs for pan arrangers to choose from to win the competition. At least, so far all the large bands are playing different new tunes except Despers. If Bradley were alive he could of easily won with 'Pan In The Atmosphere' for Despers. The previous years were poor for pan songs. There are also some pan songs that are very poor today. The goal should be to encourage  the young arrangers to compete with the 'big guns', that is in the large band category to improve their arranging skill set. Watered down small and medium categories is killing the young arrangers. To arrange new music you don't have much time and you need to use your brain to come good and please the people.

• You are right Claude , no type of Panorama would work at anytime other than Carnival time . What I would like to see though is something like a steelband event showcasing stage sides ( which I hear is no more) about five each from the
    eastern central southern and northern ares comepeting for a big cash payout . Something like Idol with the finals with the top three. They could call it Pan Idols. I know it's a crazy idea I must have been in that SM Jaleel Trinidad OJ. Ha ha ha Blessings.
  • Hey Claude yuh tink Bede in the Twilight Zone ? You may say he's a dreamer but he's not the only one.
  • Retro tunes came into the panorama when bands wanted to begin practice like November and calypsonians were holding back their tunes not to release too early so that the don't become stale,so it was decided to play anything,as their was nothing new to choose from in November/early December. Some arrangers who arrange in different categories are the ones who go after retro music as they focus on a current tune for one band and then it's easy to dig up something from the past for another band. It's about the quick dollar.

• Gerard, The Quick dollar killing we music, But I will like to see A Retro Panorama, Actually I will enjoy  it more because I am from the Old school,  So, Leave out the Retro for the Carnival Panorama and give us a Retro Panorama sometime in October DIAZ might not want that, He will be asking himself, "What am I going to do with all this Money?"

This reply was deleted.