When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Going Retro for Panorama 2014 - Lack of Talent or Lack of Creativity?

Bradley has got to be rolling in his grave. So, is this what panorama has come to? It is hard for me to believe that the young people decided to go with all these dinosaur chunes - no matter how great they were in their time.

bugs

Views: 968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I knew Jack, he was "Big Totee" his son was ah big thief, they used to call him "Small Totee" 

Cecil: Did you attend the Sunday night party for transvestites and homosexuals? Were you ahead of the game?

Just asking!!!

Claude my Brother,

It could be very sad if one morning yuh wake up dead and realize that there are things that you didn't do. I'm trying to avoid that so when that morning comes for me I could smile and say Been There Done That.

Humor not only makes us feel better, but it also can serve as a social lubricant, smoothing out our interactions with others, according to Abe Lincoln

Bede: I feel yuh go get ah SPANKIN this PANORAMA.

Ah tell yur, Despers  Cyar win with ah Retro', is Politics, them judges have been instructed not to let a Large Band win Panorama, that is going Back. 

retroactive - descriptive of any event or stimulus or process that has an effect on the effects of events or stimuli or process that occurred previously

Nobody winning with Retro. Retro means taking your band out of the game.

Bede,

Abe was a smart man. It is also written somewhere that laughter is good for the soul.

My take is, there should be a competition for retro music . If tihs is going to be the trend for panorama, where is the inspiration for the creative spirit . that's my take. blessings to all..

Good point [Oscar]

Retro tunes came into the panorama when bands wanted to begin practice like November and calypsonians were holding back their tunes not to release too early so that the don't become stale,so it was decided to play anything,as their was nothing new to choose from in November/early December. Some arrangers who arrange in different categories are the ones who go after retro music as they focus on a current tune for one band and then it's easy to dig up something from the past for another band. It's about the quick dollar.

Gerard, The Quick dollar killing we music, But I will like to see A Retro Panorama, Actually I will enjoy  it more because I am from the Old school,  So, Leave out the Retro for the Carnival Panorama and give us a Retro Panorama sometime in October DIAZ might not want that, He will be asking himself, "What am I going to do with all this Money?"

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service