Trinidad Guardian Feb 10, 2019

Gun­men stormed the pa­n­yard where the High­landers Steel Or­ches­tra was prac­tis­ing on Mon­day night, steal­ing a phone and caus­ing eight play­ers to im­me­di­ate­ly quit and leave the band in dis­ar­ray be­fore yes­ter­day’s cru­cial Panora­ma pre­lim­i­nar­ies.

The band was prac­tis­ing at the Uni Stars pa­n­yard on Bertie Mar­shall Boule­vard, pre­vi­ous­ly known as Old St Joseph Road in Laven­tille, as ren­o­va­tions on the High­landers’ pa­n­yard on the East­ern Main Road are on­go­ing.

The gun­men ap­proached a group of about a dozen play­ers who were lim­ing near a pan rack and an­nounced a hold-up. They stole the Sam­sung cell­phone of a fe­male play­er be­fore an alarm was raised. Some men in the pa­n­yard re­spond­ed and the gun­men ran off.

Read More

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The carnival tourist needs to be aware of the risk they are taking this year 2019 in Trinidad and Tobago. A good indicator of crime reduction in Trinidad and Tobago is when Desperadoes decide to return to the hills. Each time you mention how bad the crime situation is in Trinidad and Tobago, many TT citizens get mad with you. Everybody knows who the criminals are in their respective neighborhoods. If anyone gets mugged for the carnival, don't blame the TT police, just look in the mirror.

• Patrick: You left out a QUALIFIER: "many ------- TT citizens get mad at you ... (and they will never look in the mirror).

• It just look to me as if BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE blighting this PAN TING, yes!!!

This reply was deleted.