Dr. Jit Samaroo! - Steelband Arranger Extraordinaire!!!

Remembering - Dr. Jit Samaroo - Steelband Arranger Extraordinaire!!!

Global - Dr. Jit Sukha Samaroo (Musician, Panist, Composer, and steel pan arranger) was born in Surrey Village in the Lopinot Valley, Trinidad, on 24 February 1950, the sixth of Sookram and Lakia Samaroo’s thirteen children. His love for music manifested itself at a very early age, influenced perhaps by his mother, who played the Dholak, and by ‘parang’, a Spanish-derived musical art form for which Lopinot is famous. Jit played the cuatro and guitar and at Christmas time, would accompany the village paranderos in their traditional house-to-house serenading.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am the French director of the film Pan in A minor that I shot during the 1987 panorama. At that time I was able to meet Jit Samaroo who gave me an interview. During this year's preliminaries, we had chosen to concentrate on the arrangement of Pan in A minor. In fact, Renegades, narrowly beaten by Phase II, was going to finish second in the final. For me Pan in A minor is one of the most beautiful arrangements in the history of Panorama.And Jit was such a nice guy ! Respect!

• RIP Dr. Jit!!!

• YO BROTHER  JIT GREETINGS TO U MY FRIEND  N HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U N I HOPE THAT I HOPE THAT U HAVE A BLESSED BIRTHDAY N GD LUCK IN PANORAMA  STILL LOOKING GREAT  SINCERELY BRANT "HALL OF FAMER"

• Happy birthday greetings  ...best of health and well being

Salah

• Sincerely. Happy birthday and thank you Dr. Jit Samaroo.

Thank you for the many happy moments you have afforded me and the pan lovers with your brilliant and sweet musical arrangements through your illustrious career. 

Words will never describe the satisfaction and the awe transmitted via your work.

Bless you on this wonderful day, I will say thanks to your parents for the work that they have done as I am sure that the creator will say to them. " These are my children in whom I am well pleased".

Happy birthday and God bless you.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIT. I MET HIM AT HIS HOME HE IS A VERY HUMBLE GUY

• Happy Birthday Jit. Best wishes to you and family.

• Happy Birthday Jit. I remember you growing up in Arouca, you would come and arrange music for us in the Holy Trinity Choir with the nuns in the convent there. That was in the 70's you are such a humble, kind, truly genuine person. May God Bless you with long life and good health.

• Another year of life........another year his greatness prevails!!! 

Happy Birthday Dr. Jit!!!!!

• Best wishes on your birthday Dr. Jit  .....for all of the excellent work you have done for the Pan...nuff respect

Salah

This reply was deleted.