When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Dr. Jit Samaroo! - Steelband Arranger Extraordinaire!!!

Remembering - Dr. Jit Samaroo - Steelband Arranger Extraordinaire!!!

Global - Dr. Jit Sukha Samaroo (Musician, Panist, Composer, and steel pan arranger) was born in Surrey Village in the Lopinot Valley, Trinidad, on 24 February 1950, the sixth of Sookram and Lakia Samaroo’s thirteen children. His love for music manifested itself at a very early age, influenced perhaps by his mother, who played the Dholak, and by ‘parang’, a Spanish-derived musical art form for which Lopinot is famous. Jit played the cuatro and guitar and at Christmas time, would accompany the village paranderos in their traditional house-to-house serenading.
read more

Views: 2806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Goodmorning Mr JIT Samaroo  have a loving birthday.thanks for all the genuis work you did with Renegades God will always be with you.for the rest of your life,from joanne joseph from Amsterdam.and Lanel lopez Post Of Spain.we love to thankyou 

I MET JIT AND HIS WIFE AT THERE HOME ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO  HE PUT HIS NAME ON A  DOLLAR BILL FOR ME WHICH I HAVE IN MY PHOTO ALBUM I WISH ALL THE BEST  ALLEN  FROM NEW YORK

Happy birthday Jit, may God continue to bless you-humble genius.

a true  gentleman Happy Birthday RIP

You Are still a young man. I am so sorry that you had to pass on the baton so soon. Happy Birthday and may you be with us for a lot more.

You have blessed me with your music, the counter melodies in "Wanted Dead or Alive" and the various sections in that arrangement are beautiful...it is ingrained in my mind forever.

Happy Birthday Dr. Jit and may you have many more.

Listened today to a few of my favourites,” Milaap”, “Rasa”, “Excerpt from Mozart Concerto in C Minor”, Band from Space and the incomparable performance of “Unforgettable”.  Thank you for continuously satisfying me.

“Until a friend or relative has applied a particular proverb to your own life, or until you've watched him apply the proverb to his own life, it has no power to sway you.”

Nicholson Baker [U.S. author; U. And I: A True Story, ch. 4 (1991)].

You have. May you live as long as you wish, Jit

Happy Birthday to the most victorious pan arranger and one of the best Dr Jit Samaroo.

Happy birthsay !!
"Merci" for your music !!!

A very Happy Birthday to one of my HEROES and " Thanks For The Music ".

Happy birthday, jit! (You are exactly 4 days older than me.)

I first heard the music of the Samaroo Jets in the year 1983 in Suriname , via radio,,this was quite professional,,to you Dr Jit Samaroo,,,God,s Blessing with health  and strength,,,ACHA.

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service